Just when you think it can't get any more bent...

Someone put the stats up the other day of our record in games officiated by him since the 6-1. Think we've lost 6 times since with him as ref.

He was in charge of those two absurd games against Spurs last season as well when they scored 4 illegitimate goals in 2 games down to refereeing "mistakes".
Most of them weren't Clattebburg though, they were the linesmen. Why do refs get celebrity status and not the linesmen?

The trouble is clattenburg has shown with his flawless refereeing of the euros and champions league that he is a good ref which only highlights the glaring errors he makes in the premier league which can only be intended.

Reminds me of old WWE when Vince McMahon would make himself the referee to go to the greatest of lengths to stop Steve Austin from winning.

Over the top comical.

The Spurs away goals were mostly the linesman but the handball against Sterling where he just guessed that it was a penalty wasn't and he was 100% wrong. I don't want refs guessing at decisions that is completely against the rules.

I think he is one of the better refs in the league (not saying much) he seems to have got over trying to be the centre of attention every game like he used to be (I think the issues with Chelsea partly to do with that). I happen to agree that most of the issues last season (bar the handball on Sterling vs Spurs) were the linos letting him down, how is he supposed to see 2 dodgy offsides stood in the middle of the pitch?

Lets see how he does before finding him guilty of corruption is my opinion. Guess I am in the minority.

Edit: he has got a very punchable face though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.