Juve want bob

nevilletogoater-in said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I have this feelin' that the next team Roberto goes to will win everythin' they enter!

Only if 2 of the big clubs have either been relegated or deducted points and the team he is given is easy to manage.

If he goes somewhere where he has to buy the players and build a league winning team then they're fucked!!

can we try to stop putting the boot into Bob until the end of the season please?
its not very contructive going into the semi or for the league run in is it?

OrigamiNinja said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I have this feelin' that the next team Roberto goes to will win everythin' they enter!

It wouldnt surprise me because I would be amazed if his next club is anywhere other than in Italy where his style has already proven to be successful.

I want him out but not because I believe him to be a bad manager. I think he will have a very successful management career, I just dont think any of that success will be in England!

i think he'll get it right in england tbh but it will take time, we have'nt got time, with platini trying to derail us we have to make strides right now.
we have to get 4th, we have to win things, we have no room for sentiment.
our owners will want returns for their outlay and bob aint giving it them. we should'nt be looking over our shoulder with these players we should be knocking united and most definatley the others out of our way.
if and when bob goes back to italy he will do very well again, he may one day come back here to england but my guess it wont be city.

pirate said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Only if 2 of the big clubs have either been relegated or deducted points and the team he is given is easy to manage.

If he goes somewhere where he has to buy the players and build a league winning team then they're fucked!!

can we try to stop putting the boot into Bob until the end of the season please?
its not very contructive going into the semi or for the league run in is it?

the voice of reason.

and your spot on.

de niro said:
OrigamiNinja said:
It wouldnt surprise me because I would be amazed if his next club is anywhere other than in Italy where his style has already proven to be successful.

I want him out but not because I believe him to be a bad manager. I think he will have a very successful management career, I just dont think any of that success will be in England!

i think he'll get it right in england tbh but it will take time, we have'nt got time, with platini trying to derail us we have to make strides right now.
our owners will want returns for their outlay and bob aint giving it them. we should'nt be looking over our shoulder with these players we should be knocking united and most definatley the others out of our way.
if and when bob goes back to italy he will do very well again, he may one day come back here to england but my guess it wont be city.

while I take your point that " we have to make 4th and win things", how about you remembering that we are 4th and are in the fa cup semi. therefore we are on target to get 4th and win things this season with bob.
We may fail to do so, but we wont know until nearer the end of the season at the earliest. And its more likely we wont know until the end of the season.

pirate said:
de niro said:

while I take your point that " we have to make 4th and win things", how about you remembering that we are 4th and are in the fa cup semi. therefore we are on target to get 4th and win things this season with bob.
We may fail to do so, but we wont know until nearer the end of the season at the earliest. And its more likely we wont know until the end of the season.

Being 4th and in the semi doesnt tell the full story though does it? Our league form has dipped quite dramatically, we shouldnt be battling to hold on to 4th with the squad we have. As for being in the semi of the FA Cup, I am as excited as the next blue but lets not kid ourselves we havnt actually played anyone decent in the competition so far. You couldnt wish for an easier route to the semis than what we have had.

OrigamiNinja said:
pirate said:

Being 4th and in the semi doesnt tell the full story though does it? Our league form has dipped quite dramatically, we shouldnt be battling to hold on to 4th with the squad we have. As for being in the semi of the FA Cup, I am as excited as the next blue but lets not kid ourselves we havnt actually played anyone decent in the competition so far. You couldnt wish for an easier route to the semis than what we have had.

yes our league form has dipped from December but I dont think its dramatically (and yes I do watch us play a lot). I can at least see the system bobs trying to get them t play and yes it can be quite boring at times but after 35 years of f all I will take boring and a chance of success for a few seasons.
as for not meeting anyone who is any good in the FA cup, has that stopped us getting knocked out in previous seasons? and will you suddenly change your mind if we beat manu? if you dont then your argument is meaningless and if you do then your just fickle. This is because the argument that we havent met anyone good yet only works after we get beat by the first decent side we meet.

And I could wish an easier route to the semis, how about all non league clubs suffering from outbreaks of flu so they have to field kids. You have no idea what can wish for ;-)

Oh dear, here we go again.
Why are so many of you hung up on the odd questionable team selection or (perceived) negative style of play? Ok, so he does put out some formations which might not seem to gel, and then has made negative substitutions when we could be pressing for a win, but that is far from being the measure of a good manager. It might show deficiancies as a tactitcian but let's remind ourselves that he is only 15 months into premiership management and is working with an ever-changing squad. Some of the 'best' managers in the world fuck up team selection and get their style of play 'wrong'. How would you feel if we had had Wenger as manager since the last ice-age, and still under-achieved in league and cup with a hand-built side? Look at the team selection Capello made against Wales, and the subsequent substitutions: Rooney in a withdrawn role in midfield, Bent so slow it was embarrassing, Ashley Young trying to play up front with Bent. Switch Bent for Rooney, let Young play in that withdrawn role - easy, but instead he took Rooney off and left Bent on.
The point is, everyone in the pub can pick their team and, if the players are good enough, it will eventually come together.
What Bob is doing here is completely buying into the whole City thing. He's building a legacy, creating structure that will continue to grow the club into a genuine European giant. What you have with Bob is integrity, heart and a vision for the club, it's fans, for everyone. You can't buy that on the managerial transfer merry-go-round, you won't get that with a Mourinho or any other self-serving egotist of a manager.

if he does eventually go back to italy, it will probably be roma, their is a big takeover happening there at the end of the season, an american company is about to finance the takeover with a change to the management structure, bobby would probably be their choice probably by his style of play, i like and admire the guy, only because he is his own man who will do it his way and no other, also he he doesn,t bend over and grovell and cream like redknapp kiss assing the press and media, the only gripe i have with bobby was i think he made a mistake in not keeping keeping bellamy for another season?

OrigamiNinja said:
pirate said:

Don't overestimate how good our squad is. Yes we've got some players who are as good as anyone in their position in the Premier League but we've also some average and a few shit players as well. These players don't make up for their deficienacies by working hard and doing their jobs properly - to a tee - like the less talented ones at United do, some of them are a let down some of the time. As a SQUAD and a squad of players that play as a TEAM we are lacking in my opinion. We have some excellent individual starters but we don't have the quality to fill in when players are injured or suspended apart from with Zabaleta. In every single other position we are much worse off than when the starters aren't playing. At United you hardly notice that someone who everyone brands as average steps in for one of their starters and does their job excellently, without being particularly the most talented players around.

For us to be battling it out between fourth and fifth is exactly where i predicted we'd be at the start of the season and exactly where we are and will be come May. It's where we should be as well. I reckon we're about two years, or six windows, or 7 players (throughout the squad, not just starting stars) away from being serious title challengers and a proper CL team. We were a bit of a flop in the Europa, which makes me feel we aren't ready for the CL a little bit because the first CL standard (at group stage, certainly not later rounds standard) team we played we were completely outplayed away from home.

As for Roberto being wanted by Juventus... where are the factual quotes or articles on that? I've googled it and found fuck all apart from an article from TWELVE MONTHS AGO!
Roberto Mancini has emerged as a ­front-runner to become coach of Juventus.

The biggest club in Italy are reeling following their shock Europa Cup exit at Fulham.

And Mancini, who was in the crowd at Craven Cottage, is seen as the perfect man to restore the Old Lady to her former glory after leading Inter to three successive Serie A titles.

Fiorentina coach Cesare Prandelli is the favourite to replace Alberto Zaccheroni, who has been in charge for less than two months. But the ­Italian FA want ­Prandelli to take over from Marcello Lippi after the World Cup.

If it turns out they did want him. If i were him i'd be off in a flash. Juventus are as big a name you can find, anywhere. They are more successful than both Milan teams, they are Bobby's boyhood club, the shit he gets from City fans is sometimes way over the top it boarders on bullying, his style suits Italy perfectly...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.