Juve want bob

nevilletogoater-in said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I have this feelin' that the next team Roberto goes to will win everythin' they enter!

Only if 2 of the big clubs have either been relegated or deducted points and the team he is given is easy to manage.

If he goes somewhere where he has to buy the players and build a league winning team then they're fucked!!

Yeah because he didn't do that at Inter Milan did he?

So Roberto has been in the job a little over 17 months and a section of our support want him out ?
I think it's quite embarrassing really just shows how little football knowledge these fans have . The mans come in under difficult circumstances and turned us into a professional outfit who are defensively solid and hard to beat . We are in an FACup semi and sitting fourth in the league with a great chance of champions league football yet it still not good enough . If people cared to look at the bigger picture they may be able to see that he has been brought in to build a solid base/platform for us to be very successful in future years to come .
The man is a born winner who with time will turn our club onto a winning club .
Give the guy a break and a real chance ffs

Being 4th and in the semi doesnt tell the full story though does it? Our league form has dipped quite dramatically, we shouldnt be battling to hold on to 4th with the squad we have. As for being in the semi of the FA Cup, I am as excited as the next blue but lets not kid ourselves we havnt actually played anyone decent in the competition so far. You couldnt wish for an easier route to the semis than what we have had.

Now this is the voice of reason !!

cool cat said:
So Roberto has been in the job a little over 17 months and a section of our support want him out ?
I think it's quite embarrassing really just shows how little football knowledge these fans have . The mans come in under difficult circumstances and turned us into a professional outfit who are defensively solid and hard to beat . We are in an FACup semi and sitting fourth in the league with a great chance of champions league football yet it still not good enough . If people cared to look at the bigger picture they may be able to see that he has been brought in to build a solid base/platform for us to be very successful in future years to come .
The man is a born winner who with time will turn our club onto a winning club .
Give the guy a break and a real chance ffs

You see, here's the thing. If people can calmly and rationally make a case against Mancini being Manchester City manager then you should state your case in opposition to this opinion rather than saying the usual 'give him time' when it's clear as day we're regressing. Calling blues embarrassing just because they happen to have a diffrerent opinion than you is silly too.
I certainly want Mancini to succeed but I don't believe it's going to happen, I think he's out of his depth. His signings, bar Silva haven't really shown much promise and if we're being honest, we've only played well in a few games this seson: Liverpool, West Brom, Fulham and West Brom spring to mind.
We've been awful for a few months and Mancini seems lost to me. I also believe the narcissist in him believes him to be always right and he's not about to change tactics any time soon when we look so out of sorts going forward. You have blues on here slating Edin Dzecko when it's clear as day the man is not getting any service from a lethargic midfield, constructed by the cautious Italian manager.
It's all about opinions though and personally Idon't think the club hierarchy will want himhere next season and a move to the old lady of Turin will suit both sides.

Lets not forget why Mourinho got sacked from Chelsea...... for playing boring football.....remember when the ground was half empty just before he left (27,000) against Rosenborg because of his supposedly 'boring' football

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7003912.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 003912.stm</a>[/url]

In that article on his departure there is one telling paragraph that states:

"One: the board, Roman Abramovich and the directors were frustrated by the results this season and also the style of play. They wanted stylish football. They wanted football which appealed to the world and they weren't getting it.

Oh the irony that most of these Mancini outers want Mourinho to replace Mancio because of his boring football.

But led me add I very much rate Mourinho and didn't believe he played boring football at the time as much as I don't believe we play boring football. The media must love the way they can influence public opinion. They love the power their 'opinions' give them.

It strange that we're so boring yet scored 4 more goals than Spurs and conceded 7 less.

Have these fans not learnt anything from history - it takes TIME to build a successful team and particularly one that is capable of challenging the top 2/3 who have been in that situation for decades.

Have these people forgotten it took 5 years for Fergie to win anything with the rags oh how I wish they had followed the City playbook of f*cking things up and got rid of him.

TBH I've never read anything more ridiculous than talk of sacking a manager who is 4th in the prem.

Blue Mooner said:
Lets not forget why Mourinho got sacked from Chelsea...... for playing boring football.....remember when the ground was half empty just before he left (27,000) against Rosenborg because of his supposedly 'boring' football

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7003912.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 003912.stm</a>[/url]

"One: the board, Roman Abramovich and the directors were frustrated by the results this season and also the style of play. They wanted stylish football. They wanted football which appealed to the world and they weren't getting it.

Oh the irony that most of these Mancini outers want Mourinho to replace Mancio because of his boring football.

It strange that we're so boring yet scored 4 more goals than Spurs and conceded 7 less.

Have these fans not learnt anything from history - it takes TIME to build a successful team and particularly one that is capable of challenging the top 2/3 who have been in that situation for decades.

Have these people forgotten it took 5 years for Fergie to win anything with the rags oh how I wish they had followed the City playbook of f*cking things up and got rid of him.

TBH I've never read anything more ridiculous than talk of sacking a manager who is 4th in the prem.

I didn't see anyone on this thread talk about Morinho, this is about Mancini and his impact on Mancheter City. If you want to talk about the other one, start a different thread.
Answer this: On what solid evidence do you see Manchester City becomming successful under Roberto Mancini? Don't give me the 'it takes time' lark as we'vwe been regressing for a while and he's done nothing to stop the rot. He took a side tha finished 5th last season, spent another bloody fortune and is in real danger of losing that coveted fourth spot to Spurs.
THe new FFP rules will be on force soon ad we'll be restricted in what we can spend in terms of transfers and wages. I'd wager both Mancini and Cook will be relieved of duties due to mistakes in the transfer market and the ridiculous contracts we've given out to what is quite frankly, average dross at times.

So it's just me, cool cat and blue mooner then that believe that de-stabilising the team, or talk of such, is a bad thing. Bobby's getting to grips with premier league football and pulling together a squad who he's trying to mould into a tight outfit. I have seen City play football this season, albeit sporadically, which is both fast and physical enough to compete with Chelsea at their best and technically brilliant in it's passing and movement so as to compare with Arsenal at their best. This is all very positive, but consistency by it's very nature, takes time.

blue_paul said:
Blue Mooner said:

I didn't see anyone on this thread talk about Morinho, this is about Mancini and his impact on Mancheter City. If you want to talk about the other one, start a different thread.
Answer this: On what solid evidence do you see Manchester City becomming successful under Roberto Mancini? Don't give me the 'it takes time' lark as we'vwe been regressing for a while and he's done nothing to stop the rot. He took a side tha finished 5th last season, spent another bloody fortune and is in real danger of losing that coveted fourth spot to Spurs.
THe new FFP rules will be on force soon ad we'll be restricted in what we can spend in terms of transfers and wages. I'd wager both Mancini and Cook will be relieved of duties due to mistakes in the transfer market and the ridiculous contracts we've given out to what is quite frankly, average dross at times.

Deny it all you like but it does take time. You think we've regressed, I think we've just come through a difficult period of games and suffered from injuries in that period.

I think everything I have seen says we are a far superior team than last season particularly when we were drawing with the likes of Burnley at home and conceding goals for fun.

The 4-3 at the rags may have been a great game but lets be honest the rags were better than us in every department. The game at the swamp (bar a fluke, genius goal, call it what you will) there was only one team that looked likely to win and that was us.

This season we have spent virtually all season in the top 4 and most of it higher than that. Last season we were always chasing 4th and missed out. That is progress.

You've come to a conclusion, without actually having seen the outcome. If anything we are doing the usual City disease of talking the team down at precisely the moment we should be backing the club to achieve its objectives.

If we do finish 4th and win the FA Cup then why should the manager be sacked ?

All we can do as fans is back the club to the end of the season and see what comes out. Not predict are demise and start talking of sacking the manager.

Any one knows that unsettled teams achieve f*ck all. Teams under pressure don't perform as well and confidence is crucial in the last few games.

So why are our own fans intent on destroying all of the above at such a critical moment ?

EddieR said:
So it's just me, cool cat and blue mooner then that believe that de-stabilising the team, or talk of such, is a bad thing. Bobby's getting to grips with premier league football and pulling together a squad who he's trying to mould into a tight outfit. I have seen City play football this season, albeit sporadically, which is both fast and physical enough to compete with Chelsea at their best and technically brilliant in it's passing and movement so as to compare with Arsenal at their best. This is all very positive, but consistency by it's very nature, takes time.

I alluded to the fact that we'd played well at times this season, interstingly most of those performances were away from home where we were given more space. We haven't been at our best at home and find it hard to break down sides and tire against midfields as games go on.
It's just not been good enough and seems to be getting worse. I'd bloody love us to get fourth but i just think Spurs have that bit more about them at the moment. We started the season so well and even Carlos has gone off the boil now. I don't see our form turning around and ultimately, I think Mancini will pay the price for it.

JimmyFrizz said:
I log onto Bluemoon and all I seem to hear is criticism of Mancini. Then I go to matches and hear more fans consistently signing his name than for any manager I can remember in recent history .... a few 'psycho's' (before he was appointed!), a few sporadic 'Sven G-E's', Keegan chants never really got going and so on. For Bob, however, it's loud and at every game. The only negative at game's I can really remember this season was to greet the Tevez substitution. So... what is the true feeling of the majority of fans? Mine is simply judge at the end of the season and don't be too quick to axe ... the only thing our club has every done consistently is sack managers and maybe it's time for a new approach? Still, like any passionate fan, I'm prone to change my mind .....

By the end of the season he will still only have been with us 16months! I'd be judging him more when the end of his three year contract is coming. I'll be judging him a little bit then. And even then i'd want to give him more time if he has shown that he can marry up a dramatic increase in quality of our midfield and attack with the dramatic increase in the quality of our defence then i'll be more than happy to give him a better contract. Our back 6: Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov and de Jong - most of whom were here with Hughes but pretty shaky with Hughes - is looking like it'll prove to be a decent back 6 in the coming years with Mancnini. Let's see if we can get rid of the likes of Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Jo, Caicedo, Bellamy and bring in one top shit striker and some young up and coming talent to go with what we will keep. Lets see if we can push Barry (as he gets older) into Vieira's role inn the squad, Yaya to the bench and bring in some really top quality midfielders over the next few windows. Again one star name and a few up and coing talents.

I think we need this before we're gonna be a top shit side. Bobby will need this time to do this. 16 months is nothing really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.