Juventus

It doesn't matter which teams are involved. If we buy a player from them and send 40 million by bank transfer, as long as we tell the tax man it was 40 mill we are in the clear. If Juve say they got 20 mill but bank records show 40, they are in the shit.
I've over simplified it but it has nothing to do with other clubs as long as they declare honestly.
You have over-simplified it. For example, Danilo was one of the players involved, as part of a swap deal plus cash. As I understand it, Juventus were inflating player values to increase the profit on sale, and therefore inflate their bottom line.

Player values can be very subjective of course but let's say a player's net book value on Juve's books was £20m and they agree to sell him to Club A in exchange for another player and add £20m in cash.

If they value him at £20m, there's no profit on sale and the incoming player will be valued at £40m on Club A's books. However, if the two clubs agree to a valuation of £40m plus £20m cash, then Juve can report a profit of £20m on that deal. The buying club then should put him on their books at £60m.

Like I said, valuations are subjective and there's little financial advantage to Club A but if they connived in that then they could potentially face some sanctions. More serious is that they ignored the inflated valuation and valued the deal at £40m instead of £60m. That should be unlikely though if they use UEFA's Transfer Management System correctly but you never know.

You have over-simplified it. For example, Danilo was one of the players involved, as part of a swap deal plus cash. As I understand it, Juventus were inflating player values to increase the profit on sale, and therefore inflate their bottom line.

Player values can be very subjective of course but let's say a player's net book value on Juve's books was £20m and they agree to sell him to Club A in exchange for another player and add £20m in cash.

If they value him at £20m, there's no profit on sale and the incoming player will be valued at £40m on Club A's books. However, if the two clubs agree to a valuation of £40m plus £20m cash, then Juve can report a profit of £20m on that deal. The buying club then put him on their books at £40m and the other player is consequently valued at £60m on the other club's books.

Like I said, valuations are subjective and there's little financial advantage to Club A but if they connived in that then they could potentially face some sanctions.
So basically the media (and possibly UEFA) lead point of the investigation will be this in respect of Danilo value - we are very lucky that Cancello is now so highly regarded that his value of c£60m could be argued to be about due to potential etc etc but Danilo was never worth anything approaching that value at the time.

Is this also the final end of the european super league? Only Real and Barca left now.

If they value him at £20m, there's no profit on sale and the incoming player will be valued at £40m on Club A's books. However, if the two clubs agree to a valuation of £40m plus £20m cash, then Juve can report a profit of £20m on that deal. The buying club then should put him on their books at £60m.

Like I said, valuations are subjective and there's little financial advantage to Club A but if they connived in that then they could potentially face some sanctions. More serious is that they ignored the inflated valuation and valued the deal at £40m instead of £60m. That should be unlikely though if they use UEFA's Transfer Management System correctly but you never know.
Hopefully, we did everything by the book on our side of the Danilo/Cancelo deal.

eufaIs it possible that City would happily pay over the odds in the knowledge that Juventus were going to only declare part of it and eufa being in on it, given their G14 history and the state their finances were in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.