Kaizer Chiefs vs City

I was impressed overall tonight. I didn't expect too much because its still early in the pre-season so far. I thought Bridgey played some really nice balls, Barry had a good debut, Ireland deserved his goal. KC are much further ahead in their pre-season so it was good to get a result. Hopefully, Orlando Pirates win on Thursday so we can avenge last Saturday's defeat.
On a side note, I quite liked the South African commentator and his humorous use of similes during the match. Anything is better than Clive Tyldesley thats all I can say.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
pedestrian pace through out which is expected in early pre season games! the 2 centre halfs looked nice an comfortable bridgey looked fitter tonight than he did all last season, barry is coolness personified, he's class! de-jong and zab were there usual 7 out of 10, and imo benji has got to go (NOW) did anyone see he was offside when just inside there half (literally), that is scandelous at under 14 level! and its official petrov is the biggest wuss in football he wont allow his body to be touched under any circumstances. nice to sweeps get the arm band for a while, shows he's still thought of by the gaffer!

Maybe Petrov thought it wasn't worth risking injury in a meaningless friendly game?
TBH he does it in most games and im not talking 50 50's he just doesn't go within a yard of a player if he thinks contact will happen! please dont think im sayin he's crap or out because he's a match winner on his day, i found it humerous more than anythin else

uncle fester said:
one thing I did notice was a distinct lack of smiling from Benjani over these last 2 games ;)

Surely some of these guys must know that they are on the way out and on that basis you'd think they'd want to put themselves in the shop window

Cant say I've seen anything from the likes of Benji / garrido / etc that would have other managers rushing to sign em up

probably go the way of the Vass to nothing leagues

The Fixer said:
Good run out for lads tonight all adds to the fitness!

On a side note

my first city game, we lost to oldham athletic at home 4-1 roger palmer scored an hatrick but what year was it? anyone in attendance that day?

Certainly was. Took my younger brother to one of his first matches that day. Proudly taught him the words to the traditional song "What the *** is going on !"

Lomas has a lob on said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Maybe Petrov thought it wasn't worth risking injury in a meaningless friendly game?
TBH he does it in most games and im not talking 50 50's he just doesn't go within a yard of a player if he thinks contact will happen! please dont think im sayin he's crap or out because he's a match winner on his day, i found it humerous more than anythin else

Yeah I get what you mean, just how he plays though if you get me?

Immaculate Pasta said:
This is what really baffles me about Hughes, surely Benjani isn't in his plans for this season, so why has he played ahead of Bojinov who needs all the minutes he can?
I wonder what is Hughes preparing this team for as well. Are all these friendly matches just set up for our potential ex-players and youngsters who will disappear from the first team until the next friendly match a year later?

I loved the commentator, enthusiastic and great commentators voice

'ITS 1-0 NO NO WAIT WAIT IT ISNT'
'WAYNE BRIDGE RUNNING BEHIND HIM LIKE A STEAMING TRAIN'

The Fixer said:
Good run out for lads tonight all adds to the fitness!

On a side note

my first city game, we lost to oldham athletic at home 4-1 roger palmer scored an hatrick but what year was it? anyone in attendance that day?

Pretty sure that was the first day of the 88/89 season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.