Kaizer Chiefs vs City

Over all we were a
163388937_09e19d9992.jpg

Dribble said:
I thought it was a decent run-out, I wouldn't say it was a performance that was gonna put the fear of God into anyone, but it annoys me when the press make ridiculous statements like 'Richest team in the world get stuffed in pre-season' when it's obvious it's a make-shift team we've put out. I saw our players performances like this:

Get Rid Now!!!
Taylor - I'm not particularly religious, but I pray to God, Allah, Buddah or even to the Crazy Frog that he doesn't get anywhere near the 1st team!!!!
Etuhu - Shit!
Benjani - Equally as Shit!!

Needs to improve!
Bridge - Passing was too poor at times and played too many aimless long balls.
De Jong - Needs to impose himself on the game more
Garrido - Didn't do a lot wrong but fills me with dread anytime the ball comes near!
Petrov - Difficult one this..... He didn't get enough service for me to get an opinion, but what he did do, was OK.
Zabaleta - He worries me as a right-back, he was constantly getting caught out of position which put us under pressure. Was definitely better in midfield so needs to sort his head out!
Ireland - Looked a bit rusty to me. Made a few poor passes, but was no worse than the anyone else.

Ones for the Future
McGivern - Good solid display
Mee - Good solid display
Vidal - Was only on for a short time, but I think we have a star in the making!!! He definitely did better than Zab at right-back and made the fact that Etuhu was shit, have less of an impact on us!! Definitelly one to watch!!!!!
Weiss - Decent display with some nice touches. Wasn't on long enough to make an impression on the match.

OK
SWP
Barry

My Verdict:
We need to start playing football more and stop with so many long ball/quick breaks with only 1 'off-side' striker available!!! This kept happening all too often last season and it didn't do us any favours!

I pray we get in defence:
Terry
Lescott
Kolo Toure
Bosingwa
We need a new defence!!!

In midfield: (One from)
Essien
Yaya Toure
Xavi Alonso

With these additions added to the best of what we have, I'd love to hear what 'Purple Nose of the Swamp' had to say!!! Come to think of it, I couldn't give a shit what he thinks!!! CTID

Stop playing Football Manager and get real!

its funny, when we have a shite squad we try and play teams of the park, now we have a brilliant squad we play basic football

Thanx4Knives said:
Dribble said:
I thought it was a decent run-out, I wouldn't say it was a performance that was gonna put the fear of God into anyone, but it annoys me when the press make ridiculous statements like 'Richest team in the world get stuffed in pre-season' when it's obvious it's a make-shift team we've put out. I saw our players performances like this:

Get Rid Now!!!
Taylor - I'm not particularly religious, but I pray to God, Allah, Buddah or even to the Crazy Frog that he doesn't get anywhere near the 1st team!!!!
Etuhu - Shit!

Needs to improve!
Garrido - Didn't do a lot wrong but fills me with dread anytime the ball comes near!
Petrov - Difficult one this..... He didn't get enough service for me to get an opinion, but what he did do, was OK.
Zabaleta - He worries me as a right-back, he was constantly getting caught out of position which put us under pressure. Was definitely better in midfield so needs to sort his head out!
Ireland - Looked a bit rusty to me. Made a few poor passes, but was no worse than the anyone else.

Ones for the Future
Mee - Good solid display
Vidal - Was only on for a short time, but I think we have a star in the making!!! He definitely did better than Zab at right-back and made the fact that Etuhu was shit, have less of an impact on us!! Definitelly one to watch!!!!!
Weiss - Decent display with some nice touches. Wasn't on long enough to make an impression on the match.

OK
SWP
Barry

My Verdict:
We need to start playing football more and stop with so many long ball/quick breaks with only 1 'off-side' striker available!!! This kept happening all too often last season and it didn't do us any favours!

Terry
Lescott
Kolo Toure
Bosingwa
We need a new defence!!!

Essien
Yaya Toure
Xavi Alonso

With these additions added to the best of what we have, I'd love to hear what 'Purple Nose of the Swamp' had to say!!! Come to think of it, I couldn't give a shit what he thinks!!! CTID

If you don't ask, you don't get! What's your suggestion, just stay as we are, keep 2 fingers crossed & hope for the best! You need to get real mate and show some ambition!!!

DonnyCityLove said:
its funny, when we have a shite squad we try and play teams of the park, now we have a brilliant squad we play basic football

We were not that bad!!
Difficult to know where the threads are, I was watching the KC live thread & wondered why there was only light traffic, it is happening here.

Thanx4Knives said:
Dribble said:

Get Rid Now!!!
Etuhu - Shit!

Needs to improve!

Ones for the Future
Mee - Good solid display

OK
SWP
Barry

My Verdict:

Terry
Lescott
Kolo Toure
Bosingwa
We need a new defence!!!

Essien
Yaya Toure
Xavi Alonso

Or more simply, its a pre season friendly, get a bloodgy grip.

Why do people even watch them? They're purely a fitness exercise.

I remember when Keegan first took over, going to a few pre season games and we were awful. Games like Tranmere, where we didn't even have a shot and everyone was moaning, we were going to struggle again. We won the league that season, playing the most exiting footbal i've seen at City.

Adebayor, Tevez, Santa Cruz, Bellamy and Robinho weren't playing. In other words, none of the forward players from today, will be anywhere near the team, which was why we were lacking going forward. Out of the back 5, only Bridge is likely to be playing next season. Zabaleta possibly.

I think people are being harsh on Ethu. Ethu done ok out there its a warm up game. He set up Ireland for the goal and on another day after rounding the goalkeeper he would of scored a goal. These games are all about getting match fit so give them time before you judge them. Ethu wont start a lot of games this season so may well head out on loan for the season I hope he does well hes a big strong lad who under the right coaching could become a decent right winger.

Dribble said:

Get Rid Now!!!
Etuhu - Shit!

Needs to improve!

Ones for the Future
Mee - Good solid display

OK
SWP
Barry

My Verdict:

Terry
Lescott
Kolo Toure
Bosingwa
We need a new defence!!!

Essien
Yaya Toure
Xavi Alonso

i know you're throwing your own two cents in, but you know you're just requesting an entirely new squad, right? is there really nothing about this current squad that you like? i'm not sure an entirely new midfield and back line is in order, and i'm not sure we need to go in guns blazing madrid-style in order to get our hands on those players.

then again, what do i know... i'm just a guy who tuned in to see who won the free car.

(edit: misread that you only want one from the midfield section. my point still stands though. ps - ireland played as well as anyone. you were watching a different game)

leighton said:
I think people are being harsh on Ethu. Ethu done ok out there its a warm up game. He set up Ireland for the goal and on another day after rounding the goalkeeper he would of scored a goal. These games are all about getting match fit so give them time before you judge them. Ethu wont start a lot of games this season so may well head out on loan for the season I hope he does well hes a big strong lad who under the right coaching could become a decent right winger.

Some sympathy for this post. Give him time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.