Kaka and De Jong

Ireland does more than enough tackling and tracking back to justify his place in this team.

Just read an article on goal.com that made me realise that the Kaka transfer fee isn't as big as it sounds, because of the weak pound.

When Zidane went to madrid a few years back it was for €76m, which equated to £47m at the time. Kaka's fee is apparently €112, which in the current economic climate is something like £107m. Not such a giant leap when you compare the Euro values. The Sheikh's wealth isn't in £££s so it's probably costing him less than it sounds in real terms.

BTW, it went on to say that Sheikh Mansour has personally confirmed the transfer has been completed. In the Swiss media, which sounds like bollocks to me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/86/italy/2009/01/16/1064060/breaking-news-kaka-signs-for-manchester-city-arabian-reports" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/86/italy ... an-reports</a>

Home Team:

-------------New Keeper---------------

---Zab----Kompany---Lescott(!!)----Bridge

-----------------De Jong----------------

-------Ireland------------------Kaka-------

---Shauny------------------------------Robinho

------------------Sturridge/ RSC??-------------

Away Team:

-------------New Keeper---------------

---Zab----Richards/Dunne---Lescott(!!)----Bridge

---------De Jong------Kompany-------------

--------------------Ireland/Kaka-----------------

---Shauny------------------------------Kaka/Robinho

------------------Sturridge/ RSC??-------------

For away games against dirty teams Robinho could maybe be rested? Anyone who would drop Shauny is an idiot in my opinion; his talent combined with love for the club and his effort are too good not to have!

For me its a case of a stable back line with some back up of course

Hart
Zabba Micah Dunne Bridge

But after that its about having a pool of players that you can field different combinations from.

Kompany, DeJong, MJ, gelson
SWP, Ireland, Robbie, Petrov, Kaka

Bojinov, Danny, RSC, Villa

Lord BLue said:
For me its a case of a stable back line with some back up of course

Hart
Zabba Micah Dunne Bridge

But after that its about having a pool of players that you can field different combinations from.

Kompany, DeJong, MJ, gelson
SWP, Ireland, Robbie, Petrov, Kaka

Bojinov, Danny, RSC, Villa

Sounds good.

Midfield - I'd drop Gelson though as I'd be surprised if he gets many games with our new midfield line-ups. Ireland would easily be better than Gelson if he was told to stay in a holding role if we lost a DM thru injury. MJ, juries still out for me, but we seem to be getting reports he's back in full training - lets hope he can recreate his form from early last season.

Defence - hate to say it but Dunne and Micah really need to start showing their class from the last couple of seasons, they are looking the most likely to be replaced next if we don't stop conceding goals like we have been.

GK - Hart is good and will be class, would really like a world class keeper or even someone on a par with him to push him for that 1st team slot.

Away/home vs top teams
.....................Hart.....................
Zab....Richards....Dun/NewCD...Bridge
............Kompany....DeJong...........
Ireland/Swp......Kaka...........Robinho
..................New striker.................

Home/Away vs weaker teams
........................Hart........................
Zab.......Richards.......Kompany....Bridge
......................DeJong......................
Swp.........Ireland......Kaka........Robinho
..................New striker.................

Perfect :)

Sheikh Django said:
Mancityfans.net'er said:
KaKa Blue said:
mcigo said:
how people can put swp ahead of ireland is beyond me
because ireland is having one good season you muppet

Erm what the fuck? So we pick players based on their previous form? Fuck me get hamman in . . .

Ireland over SWP at the moment, the only reason not to would be that swp is a winger.

SWP was one of our worser players vs. Hull. SWP is injured, Ireland pulled ALL the strings and SWP missed about 11 sitters.
rag?

no, he's just talking sense

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.