Kaka

bluemoondays said:
Would be a good signing but I don't think he fits the profile. He's 29 now and apart from Yaya we've not bought anyone over 25 recently, not counting the Barry/Lescott/Toure etc from the previous manager.

I'm pretty sure BM is trying to get a team together of under 25's that can grow together for the next 5-7 years with a sprinkling of over 28 year olds remaining on but becoming more squad players.

Would I have him, damn right I would, but I think it unlikely.

We have been getting young talent and placing 4th. Why not go after some experienced talent who has won on every level and place 1st? Just a thought.

WNRH said:
LOL at people saying no to Kaka.

I wonder if they were watching City a few seasons ago when we had the skills of Gelson setting the footballing world alight and breaking shirt sale records.

I would be distinctly underwhelmed if Kaka was our marquee signing this summer. Was fantastic in his day,will always remember the 2 legs v scum in 2007 European cup. He had his chance in 2009,he's now injury prone,out of form for around 3 years. Only way I'd have him is a straight swap with Ade with him as a squad player. Couldn't rely on him being available for even 25 prem games.

Unsure. He'll never be the player he was but there is a possibility that he could be very effective for us in rotation with both Yaya and Silva.

WNRH said:

Don't think anyone would actually reject Kaka here.

It's just the asking price. Ade +23m, that's effectively 38 million for an injury-prone midfielder who is nearly 30.

Ludicrous between this and the Cahill rumours.

He's as good as Gerrard or Lampard at this time and I think it's good enough. He would be a great option for rotation with Silva and Yaya. Also he has a good chance to adapt well as his game is/was all about strong bursts of pace, powerful shots and skillful passes. It all comes down to price and wages, 20m would be acceptable. Still, there might be better options out there and we don't have to sign a player out of desperation. I, too, hope that Kaka wouldnt be our marquee signing.

WNRH wrote:

Don't think anyone would actually reject Kaka here.

It's just the asking price. Ade +23m, that's effectively 38 million for an injury-prone midfielder who is nearly 30.

Ludicrous between this and the Cahill rumours.

My missus would have said we have saved you 68m on buying him, originally 100m, sold to Real for 50m to us for 38m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

a guy who plays for one of the biggest cubs in the world who started the 2nd leg semi final ahead of ozil etc is not good enuf for our club,LOL,some of you guys are deluded and pathetic,need to get back to football manager some of you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.