Kalidou Koulibaly

That is true, but players like Manolas and Maguire aren't going to cut it in my eyes.

They are squad players at best, we need someone to come in and command a starting spot. Konate of Leipzig is meant to be a very good talent, but it isn't a dead cert that he will come in and fulfill his potential. De Ligt and Koulibaly are dead certs in my opinion, i want someone to come in and fill me with complete confidence.

Kompany was a brilliant leader and he was someone who will be missed more than we all think. These are very big boots to fill and i want someone who is up to the job.

You are right.

The way I look at it is, if we get to the Champs League Final against Real and we suffer an injury to Laporte, would we feel confident with a CB pairing of Stones and Maguire?

I wouldn’t.

I’d feel much more confident with a pairing of Stones and Koulibaly.

Is there any truth to this? Seems like Angelino, Rodri, and Cancelo rumors have some substance so I wonder how we'd make this work with squad and financial restrictions...just paper talk or is this on? Would be a great signing imo

You are right.

The way I look at it is, if we get to the Champs League Final against Real and we suffer an injury to Laporte, would we feel confident with a CB pairing of Stones and Maguire?

I wouldn’t.

I’d feel much more confident with a pairing of Stones and Koulibaly.

Yeah definitely. As a club, if we are to move to the next level, we need players that are going to make a big difference to our team.

Cancelo and Rodri will be very good signings, but Koulibaly is the one signing that will be the biggest difference maker.

If Liverpool were to get Koulibaly to partner VVD, i really would be fearful. Their defence would be absolutely immense. If we offer 80-85m for him, lets see what Napoli come back with. In a market where Lukaku costs 80m, Joao Felix could be going for over 100m and Higuain signing for Juve for 80m, i think 80-85m on Koulibaly is a very fair price.

He is world class, that is just the going rate now. Pay up and a Champions League trophy could follow.

Let me get this right. He’s one of the best defenders in world football. Turns 28 tomorrow so is in his prime. He’s a giant at 6 foot 5. He can also play either side as fullback as well as deputising at CDM. He would cost around the same as Harry’s Maguire. Yet some people are saying he’s too old?
Many will quote that he has little or no resale value at that age. City buy players to play, not to build them up & sell them on in their prime for a vast profit.

We need someone of Koulibaly's ilk now even more since Kompany's left, so like you I fail to see what his age has to do with anything. At 27, we'll have a world class defender until he's 32/33.

We took a similar punt with Fernandinho. Is anyone arsed about the age he was when we signed him, or his resale value if we decided to sell him this window?

That is true, but players like Manolas and Maguire aren't going to cut it in my eyes.

They are squad players at best, we need someone to come in and command a starting spot. Konate of Leipzig is meant to be a very good talent, but it isn't a dead cert that he will come in and fulfill his potential. De Ligt and Koulibaly are dead certs in my opinion, i want someone to come in and fill me with complete confidence.

Kompany was a brilliant leader and he was someone who will be missed more than we all think. These are very big boots to fill and i want someone who is up to the job.

I am not a believer that there is a NEED first of, We have a first choice Stones and Laporte, we lost our back up CB in Kompany as harsh as that sounds that is what he has been under Pep, who we go after depends on how Pep views Ottamendi 3rd or 4th choice?, I think Pep wants 3 first choices and DeLigt is that one but he wants Barca? that leaves us with a problem Mangala is a good footballer as Koulibaly and Maguire so those are no go for me Manolas is slightly better than Ottamendi so that means for me Konate probably £50 million or Sabila probably £35 million two prospect but both at a better stage than Stones when we bought him
That would be my choice but i think if Pep does not get DeLigt he will run with Garcia and drop Rodi or Fernadinho in there when necessary

Many will quote that he has little or no resale value at that age. City buy players to play, not to build them up & sell them on in their prime for a vast profit.

We need someone of Koulibaly's ilk now even more since Kompany's left, so like you I fail to see what his age has to do with anything. At 27, we'll have a world class defender until he's 32/33.

We took a similar punt with Fernandinho. Is anyone arsed about the age he was when we signed him, or his resale value if we decided to sell him this window?

Couldn't agree more.

I am not a believer that there is a NEED first of, We have a first choice Stones and Laporte, we lost our back up CB in Kompany as harsh as that sounds that is what he has been under Pep, who we go after depends on how Pep views Ottamendi 3rd or 4th choice?, I think Pep wants 3 first choices and DeLigt is that one but he wants Barca? that leaves us with a problem Mangala is a good footballer as Koulibaly and Maguire so those are no go for me Manolas is slightly better than Ottamendi so that means for me Konate probably £50 million or Sabila probably £35 million two prospect but both at a better stage than Stones when we bought him
That would be my choice but i think if Pep does not get DeLigt he will run with Garcia and drop Rodi or Fernadinho in there when necessary

You mean that first choice Stones who can't last a full season at the top of his game?

Kompany had to come in twice in two seasons to get us over the line. Stones isn't trustworthy.

Makes no odds to me mate. We need him from 28 - 33. By this time hopefully we'll have our fill of homegrown talent to choose from.
I fully agree. I want it to happen but City seem to have no interest whatsoever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.