Kalidou Koulibaly

Koulibaly is well settled and loves playing for Napoli, hence regardless of interest and obscene price a move was never on the cards those years, it still remains the case.

About what part exactly? The Price, the Pool player or the disrespect of the Napoli legend?
Gomez is no shape or form at the level of Koulibaly and I can say this comfortably having watched both enough to have an opinion. I cannot imagine any area where Gomez is ahead of Koulibaly but I'd be glad if you can go into specifics i.e. areas where or why you think Gomez is just as good as or better than Koulibaly.

Gomez is no shape or form at the level of Koulibaly and I can say this comfortably having watched both enough to have an opinion. I cannot imagine any area where Gomez is ahead of Koulibaly but I'd be glad if you can go into specifics i.e. areas where or why you think Gomez is just as good as or better than Koulibaly.
My reason for rather having Gomez is multifaceted. But I'll start with talent:
I agree Koulibally is presently. An overall better player. But he is 6 years ahead of Gomez so I'm not surprised.

Here are Gomez's qualities that I prefer: He is faster than Koulibally (he is one of the fastest CB I've seen anywhere). His danger recognition, reaction, and recovery skills are better. His speed and quickness helps here, but so does his intelligence.. He is a better on the ball player (not as a passer, but bringing it out). He is a cleaner defender as he commits fewer fouls and gives up few cheap Freekicks.

Koulibally is bigger, Stronger, better in the air and a better short area passer. And obviously he has more experience.

Yes, Koulibally is currently better. This I believe is more a function of experience and exposure. I believe barring injury Gomez would have risen as one of the best defenders in the league this past season. And I'd expect him to go on and do that in the seasons to come.

Thus, because he is English, Younger, Cheaper, technically sound, and athletically superior, I'd rather have him at a cheaper price for 10 years over Koulibally at a hight price for 4..

I agree Koulibally is presently. An overall better player. But he is 6 years ahead of Gomez so I'm not surprised.

Here are Gomez's qualities that I prefer: He is faster than Koulibally (he is one of the fastest CB I've seen anywhere). His danger recognition, reaction, and recovery skills are better. His speed and quickness helps here, but so does his intelligence.. He is a better on the ball player (not as a passer, but bringing it out). He is a cleaner defender as he commits fewer fouls and gives up few cheap Freekicks.

Koulibally is bigger, Stronger, better in the air and a better short area passer. And obviously he has more experience.

Yes, Koulibally is currently better. This I believe is more a function of experience and exposure. I believe barring injury Gomez would have risen as one of the best defenders in the league this past season. And I'd expect him to go on and do that in the seasons to come.

Thus, because he is English, Younger, Cheaper, technically sound, and athletically superior, I'd rather have him at a cheaper price for 10 years over Koulibally at a hight price for 4..

Liverpool would never sell Gomez so it's out the question anyway

I could put my money on it Gomez will never be as good and as developed as Koulibaly.

Koulibaly is Van Dijk-esque. It's a real shame he hasn't played for an elite club and gone on to win major honours. He deserves it.

Liverpool would never sell Gomez so it's out the question anyway

I could put my money on it Gomez will never be as good and as developed as Koulibaly.

Koulibaly is Van Dijk-esque. It's a real shame he hasn't played for an elite club and gone on to win major honours. He deserves it.
Not denying Koulibally is special, im simply saying I think Gomez will be too. And I like the intangibles. Even if I agreed with your premise that Gomez will never be as good as Koulibally

from a logical standpoint, I'll take 85% of Koulibally for 10 years with no addition to our foreign quota, over 100% of Koulibally for 4 years with 1 less foreign spot.

But I agree with your beliif that Pool would never sell Gomez.

Pay the money! Pep only going to be around for 2 more years. This signing gives us the best chance in the champions league.

Athletically superior? He’s injured nearly as much as Mendy. Since signing for dippers he’s had two long term injuries including a cruciate. He’s not really played that much for them because of his injuries.

Athletically superior? He’s injured nearly as much as Mendy. Since signing for dippers he’s had two long term injuries including a cruciate. He’s not really played that much for them because of his injuries.
I've heared a Liverpool fan say something similar. They love him but bemoan his injuries. Seen him play a bit and he does have nearly everything. Moving into midfield with the ball when I've seen him never looked as though it was something that comes natural to him. He can do it but it doesn't look like his preferred game. He's very solid but while competent on the ball, I'm not sure his passing would be good enough for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.