Kalidou Koulibaly

My problem with this transfer is that he's 29 in the summer, and he's been this good for 3 years at least, but the prices being mentioned were half as much as they are now. You buy a 29 year old for the numbers being talked about, you need him to be world class from day 1 until he's 34 to make it worthwhile.

There's some talk of Napoli wanting to offload for 60m in Jan, in which case I'd be all over him in January, but can't see it happening. Although Sam Lee did say on the 93.20 podcast that every time he speaks to one of his sources, he lets on that Pep is even more pissed off at us not getting a CB in the summer so maybe Khaldoon will do it to keep Pep happy.

He has got genuine pace, which I'd love to have in our backline.

Last edited:
He is world class but too expensive for his age. We don't do these transfers.

Just pay it now
tenor.gif

Our defence is like a colander

No, not for us. age is the the problem.20 mil a year, plus wages. No resale.

Give me a couple of grand and I will go and find one for peanuts in South America-;)

Give me a couple of grand and I will go and find one for peanuts in South America-;)
we never sell players though? plus we buying young players hasnt really worked in this position bar laporte we need a leader who is already world class

The thing is, the majority of CB's only mature later in their 20's. Its very tricky to pick a youngster who has all the capabilities we need right now.

The thing is, the majority of CB's only mature later in their 20's. Its very tricky to pick a youngster who has all the capabilities we need right now.

Done think it is within the mcfc plan to invest 80mil, + 50 mil wages on a player who is at the mature age. Over the next couple of years we will have lost plenty of our best players through retirement and will need replacing.

Young signings is the stated policy, and other clubs have quickly followed suit. He is a good player although there are plenty of issues with his team and club, I am sure he would like a big last contract, just not with City.

Milenkovic, watch him and decide for yourself if you think Juve and Barca are right in scouting this lad and not Koulibaly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.