Kalidou Koulibaly

No they don't because every day someone thinks this is a point that needs making.

Mangala was never as highly rated as Koulibaly and is nothing like him as a player.

I can tell you've not actually watched the bloke for any reasonable amount of time because he spent years playing in a high line defence under Sarri at Napoli, during which time he was named in the Serie A team of the season four years in a row ahead of some of the best centrebacks on the planet.

Why are so many of you so confidently wrong?

And resale value? We're trying to win the biggest trophies in club football, not an episode of Bargain Hunters.

Dusted.

So it seems from the past posts were trying to sell Koulibaly before we bought him !! If we buy him we are buying him for here and now, not what he will be worth in 5 years!

I was being facetious, which you clearly picked up on.

Of course the club wants value for money but if you think we determine that predominantly by resale value then you've not been paying attention.

Do you think the club were arsed about resale value when they bought players like Fernandinho, Mahrez, Otamendi, Yaya Toure, Kyle Walker and so on?

The answer is no, they saw value for money because they predicted that these players would help them achieve their objectives in the pitch. Resale value and marketing potential comes a distant second to that.

Resale value is the primary consideration when we're snapping up players from academies around the world to spread out amongst the various clubs of CFG in order to put them in the shop window and make a profit on them a year or two down the line.

If a player like Koulibaly is brought in it's going to be because he has a track record of being one of the best on the planet in his position. If you don't agree with his quality, you think he's past his best or that there are genuinely better options out there then that's an argument I might disagree with but I understand it.

But why anyone would be looking at the situation and worrying that we might not make a decent fee off them later on is beyond me.
Agree, resale value is for selling clubs.

Why the fuck would any player come out and say he wants to leave publicly

Surely that would impact on his bonus’s and bargaining power with prospective clubs and his current club

I am sure he would love to move to us and challenge for the CL but suicidal to put it in public domain
Exactly what I kept repeating to people who were slagging sane for not saying anything

Agree, resale value is for selling clubs.

We've sold over 250m worth of players since Pep arrived and would struggle if we had to be buying 80m players and replacing them every four years.

I wouldn't worry too much about Koulibaly though, because over the last few years we've generally bought players that were young enough to keep their value for a long time.

Sterling, Jesus, Torres, Bernardo, Rodri, Cancelo, Foden, Laporte, Mendy, Stones, Garcia, ZInchenko, Ederson - all still 26 or under.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.