Kalidou Koulibaly

I doubt there’s a team in the world that would agree to Napoli’s starting price for any player. It’s the final selling price that matters.

True but I am still not convinced that Napoli will budge that much, even if they haven't qualified for next season's Champions League and could with the cash.

True but I am still not convinced that Napoli will budge that much, even if they haven't qualified for next season's Champions League and could with the cash.

Well, I guess they could survive on their match day ticket sales and takings in the midst of an economic catastrophe... ;-)

It’s not just the lack of Champions League that will drive the price down.

I imagine the negotiations will be a bit like this:

cfaf04a5965aab2d94e794c4bb08523b56e9b51c.png

I'm hoping this is all posturing by De Laurentiis but I suspect out of sheer stubbornness he won't budge by much.

Don't forget this is not a run of the mill chairman we're dealing with it & he can get emotional with the mid season team mutiny as the most recent example. He made his money & probably identifies himself first as a film producer, rather than football chairman.

Last edited:
He was clumsy and errorprone before Sarri and it seems some of that has come back since Sarri left.

I'm sure he'd be a vast improvement on the other RCBs we have but it's still quite a gamble for the money involved and his age

Diego Carlos has €75m release clause but he is not world class either.

No real bets out there.... shame our CB signings bar Laporte (and now hopefully Aké) have flopped. So it is what it is.

He has actually played an entire season in the Premier League at full back, when he was at Watford.

Ake is a strange case - he was a DM when he was at Chelsea (in the youth team, and in his very limited first team appearances), then a full back at Watford - and only started being played regularly at CB when at Bournemouth.

He was 21 by that stage, so had spent his entire development career to that point being played anywhere but CB.

Given how Pep asks his full backs to tuck into central positions when we're attacking up the pitch, Ake has all the attributes to fill that side of the role perfectly.

He definitely won't provide the attacking threat Mendy has in him, but against teams where we want a more solid defensive option, he'd actually be a very good choice at left back.
I stand corrected,thanks for that info

He has actually played an entire season in the Premier League at full back, when he was at Watford.

Ake is a strange case - he was a DM when he was at Chelsea (in the youth team, and in his very limited first team appearances), then a full back at Watford - and only started being played regularly at CB when at Bournemouth.

He was 21 by that stage, so had spent his entire development career to that point being played anywhere but CB.

Given how Pep asks his full backs to tuck into central positions when we're attacking up the pitch, Ake has all the attributes to fill that side of the role perfectly.

He definitely won't provide the attacking threat Mendy has in him, but against teams where we want a more solid defensive option, he'd actually be a very good choice at left back.

great analysis, im of the same thinking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.