Kalidou Koulibaly

Are we? Does it? Is there even a transfer there to speak of, let alone be protracted?

It is all complete speculation, the interest never mind any approach, which to date hasn't happened.

We played as much of a part in that summer's 'mess' and how it turned out, however the player played the biggest part. That isn't me criticising Tixi, it is just a comment on what happened.

I personally would have no issue with the club decided not to do business with Napoli, i just don't think it is true nor can anyone claim it with such certainty, based on very third hand interpretation of fourth hand rumours.

All part of a waiting game of bluff and bluster, it won't happen till the last minute, if it does at all.
You are taking all the fun out of the transfer window...:)

I am not totally against the signing but I am little less convinced that he is worth what Napoli will want.

Rumours are we officially reached out to Napoli but I don’t trust anything until Fabrizio says it.

Aké - Laporte - Koulibaly - Walker

I doubt we’ll concede at all with a line-up like this.
Ake is not a fullback and no rarely is it true players can play to a decent standard in multiple positions

Ake is not a fullback and no rarely is it true players can play to a decent standard in multiple positions

He has actually played an entire season in the Premier League at full back, when he was at Watford.

Ake is a strange case - he was a DM when he was at Chelsea (in the youth team, and in his very limited first team appearances), then a full back at Watford - and only started being played regularly at CB when at Bournemouth.

He was 21 by that stage, so had spent his entire development career to that point being played anywhere but CB.

Given how Pep asks his full backs to tuck into central positions when we're attacking up the pitch, Ake has all the attributes to fill that side of the role perfectly.

He definitely won't provide the attacking threat Mendy has in him, but against teams where we want a more solid defensive option, he'd actually be a very good choice at left back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.