Kalidou Koulibaly

I’m starting to have second thoughts on this. Koulibaly was one of the best defenders in the world up to a season or two ago. Incredibly consistent and hardly made a mistake. But this last season has been very different. Given his age, it’s entirely possible that he is now on the decline. Reminds me of Sanchez, where most of us chose to ignore the early warning signs.

I don’t think we can afford another colossal mistake in this position. I’m now leading towards Soyuncu, given that he is somewhat proven in the league and has the pace that we desperately need. There is definitely still considerable risk, but at least he doesn’t have age going against him. Leicester will ask for a lot of money, but I don’t think that will be a barrier for us.

He is on the decline. Why do you think Napoli want to sell now?

Surely our management will be awake to this. It's an Italian club ffs. They clearly want to fleece us by getting top dollar on a depreciating stock.

We have had a specific strategy in place for years and it has worked very well - it's also to avoid potential situations like the one Napoli are planning. Stick to it.

Last edited:
Make your mind up. You say it‘s “just“ because he was below par last night, then admit he’s had a mediocre season too.
The point I was making is I don't trust Micha's judgment of players.

Koulibaly was terrible against Barca and has not had the best of seasons.

He is on the decline. Why do you think Napoli want to sell now?

Surely our management we'll be awake to this. It's an Italian club ffs. They clearly want to fleece us by getting top dollar on a depreciating stock.

We have had a specific strategy in place for years and it has worked very well - it's also to avoid potential situations like the one Napoli are planning. Stick to it.
Let's hope so

Any legs on this rumour? Well, it was clear we were not going to pay some 90 Million for a 29-year-old. But this looks like an early exit from this particular transfer.

Any legs on this rumour? Well, it was clear we were not going to pay some 90 Million for a 29-year-old. But this looks like an early exit from this particular transfer.

the rags wont buy him anyway as it seems they are not exactly in a strong financial position these days.....

the rags wont buy him anyway as it seems they are not exactly in a strong financial position these days.....

Looks like it. They are unable to do the Sancho deal already. They won't and can't spend 90 on a defender now. Looks Napoli's loss all around

Honestly, i think that article is a load of shit. Firstly, the source is crap. Secondly, i don't think anybody has quoted £90m for Koulibaly. Pretty much all reports have said that Napoli want around 80m-90m EUROS for him. Maybe even less.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.