Kalidou Koulibaly

I think if the deal never goes through it will be because of the ridiculous price. KK has been scouted by us for some time now and he remains our top target. One difference that other teams and us is that we have a world-class manager at our helm who can improve any defender. If this ship sinks, I would prefer to get a promising defender at cheap and strengthen other parts of the defence and mid. Maybe a more sturdy left-back or someone like Saul or Partey in the midfield along with Rodri. One of the reasons we are so bad this season was we had an MF as our defender a relatively new DM and our left-back position has always been weak. If two of these positions can be taken care of I think we will become more compact and safe.

The only reason I thought we ain't going for an LB was we were sure Koulibaly transfer will happen.
Agree Pep’s world class and has improved the likes of Sterling but does he improve defenders?

If we aren't signing him because his price tag is ridiculous then fair enough, I won't argue with that.

But if we end up signing another Otamendi for the sake of saving a few quid then what is the point? It's not as if these alternatives have been labelled as cheap, they're just cheaper.

I’ll take 2/3 years of TotS otamendi all day long.

Team carlos.

I think Koulibaly is excellent but I believe City are making the right decision to not be extorted by Napoli again, if true

Pau Torres is left footed, seems an unlikely target. Diego Carlos & Monchi will be difficult to negotiate down, even for Txiki which makes me wonder whether Skriniar is an option. The Slovak is happy at Inter but there are rumours he is on the market, much to the disappointment of Interisti - but while an excellent 1v1 defender, he is not your prototypical central defender on the ball for Pep

For me, I would prioritze Söyüncü

Laughing emoji (pending @Ric)

tenor.gif

After watching the other night you can't say he isn't consistent.....he was a gash carthorse at the ACON, and just as bad v Barca....he's a clone of Wes Morgan, despite what Fifa20 thinks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.