Kalidou Koulibaly

Koulibaly is over priced at beyond £50M. So I really hope we go elsewhere. If we sign him we will catch a cold.. again.

We haven’t signed someone like Koulibaly since Kompany and maybe Laporte, in terms of quality, so 55-65m, who cares really. We are long overdue with a signing like this.

Koulibaly is over priced at beyond £50M. So I really hope we go elsewhere. If we sign him we will catch a cold.. again.
I don’t understand this view mate.
Is he what we need or not? If he is then why will be catch a cold if we pay £50+million? Your suggesting he’ll only be good enough for us if he costs less than £50M.
If he does what he says on the tin and strengthens us then being overpriced is based on what?

I don’t understand this view mate.
Is he what we need or not? If he is then why will be catch a cold if we pay £50+million? Your suggesting he’ll only be good enough for us if he costs less than £50M.
Apologies if it seems like I think he would be ok at £50M. I really don’t think he is good enough anymore. Maybe 18 months ago but not now. I Think the market may value him around £50M+ but i think we can do miles better. He doesn’t look better than Stones and he (Stones) has not played well for a long time. I’d pass and i think if we land him we will regret it.

Apologies if it seems like I think he would be ok at £50M. I really don’t think he is good enough anymore. Maybe 18 months ago but not now. I Think the market may value him around £50M+ but i think we can do miles better. He doesn’t look better than Stones and he (Stones) has not played well for a long time. I’d pass and i think if we land him we will regret it.
That’s the £50+ million ‘dollar’ question I suppose. Haven’t really watched him, no time, but can see how people have reservations given age and some misses with our previous defensive recruitments. Just have to trust club get it right I suppose.

One thing is for certain. It would be a great move for the player. As so far he has won nothing in his career. A move to City would change that.
He should be begging for the opportunity.

On the subject of Koulibaly (unlike most of the posts on this thread) we have to get this signing right if we're paying £60 million pounds for a CB who turns 30 next June. Normally it takes an overseas player most of a season to acclimatise to the PL. Can't afford to get this one wrong if we want that title back.

On the subject of Koulibaly (unlike most of the posts on this thread) we have to get this signing right if we're paying £60 million pounds for a CB who turns 30 next June. Normally it takes an overseas player most of a season to acclimatise to the PL. Can't afford to get this one wrong if we want that title back.
Got to trust Pep and the money men, they know more about players than any of us on here

When you see it written down like that,
Paying £60m I would have thought nearer £70m and 30 next June, it looks ridiculous

Given your logic, if we had bought Koulibaly at age 27-28 for 90+m when he managed to pocket Liverpools front trio with ease, that would have been good business but today, getting him for 25-30m less, and a year later, it’s a bad investment?

I’m curious what you base your opinion of saying ”don’t think he’d good anymore”.
Napoli wasn’t very good this season, maybe due to a new trainer, and personally Koulibaly might not had his best-ever season, but it doesn’t suggest he’s in a permanent decline - he’s too young for that. Also it seems a lot of people read too much into him struggling against Messi, which is completely normal for any defender.

Mate... you can’t be serious about the Stones vs. Koulibaly comparison. I respect everyones opinion but this is just laughable. It’s a bit like saying Agüero isn’t better than Nolito.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.