Kalidou Koulibaly

Stats mean little....if they meant that much we shouldn't bother playing the game,just put the info into a computer which gives us the result.....bit like playing fifa20?
Agree in part but the club obviously disagree with you as they have an analytics team. but data can help to offer a different perspective. Our eyes tell us scoring loads of goals but data says only as much as can be expected given the chances we create. That does not win you titles and as we know we didn't have too many game changing unexpected goals this season. A few but not a lot. Kun and Raheem were in line with expected but Jesus was minus 9. This confirms what many have said. We, and jesus in particular is not as clinical as we need. Our defensive stats are broadly OK apart from mistakes leading to goals. Once again confirming what we know. We need a less error prone defence and a more clinical finisher.

Just before the lockdown they lost four out of their last six games, they were already on the decline (Lost to Athletico twice, Watford! And Chelsea).
But they did play well at home against Atletico and on another day they'd have beaten them by 4 or 5 if it wasn't for the brilliant Oblak between the sticks. That was probably the best game I've seen them in this season (bar Leicester away). Their performances haven't been brilliant this season and they got 99 points, which shows that they were hard to beat and are very clinical Infront of goal. Chelsea played very well, and Watford deserved to beat them.

Last edited:
Sorry,I don't agree with you, but it is a forum for opinions anyway. I just can't see a team of professional players going out and having too much to drink a few days before playing against the team where a win would enhance their credentials as champions. If you said they knew City were a better team and they knew VAR and officials had given them a helping hand to be champions, then that is more believable. As it was, on the day they were well beaten over the 90 minutes.
I can agree with that. VAR did help them over the course of the season. The game against them at Anfield we should have had a penalty and Salah's goal was offside which was very odd considering it wasn't looked at a second time by the officials. The line they made up for the Salah goal wasn't straight. When you saw a straight line Salah was atleast 1 good yard offside.

Saying that, we lost 9 games this season and you can't get ahead of yourselves and say VAR is why Liverpool won the league. My point is, they're harder to beat than us because they have a much better defence, which goes back to the Koulibaly/Carlos topic of needing to buy a defender with pedigree to stop teams rolling us over. They won the league because their defence can actually defend and ours can't without Laporte.

But they did play well at home against Atletico and on another day they'd have beaten them by 4 or 5 if it wasn't for the brilliant Oblak between the sticks. That was probably the best game I've seen them in this season (bar Leicester away). Their performance hasn't been brilliant this season and they got 99 points, which shows that they were hard to beat. Chelsea played very well, and Watford deserved to beat them.
You must have watched a different game to me pal. They ran out of steam and got creamed.

You must have watched a different game to me pal. They ran out of steam and got creamed.
They battered Atletico that night. Could easily have put 5 past them.

Source: BBC

lskjMUB.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.