Kalidou Koulibaly

I remain highly skeptical we’ll be willing to indulge in any more of de Laurentiis’ ego absorbed antics after the last two public shit shows we had trying to buy from Napoli. Given our previous experience, I’d imagine we’ll walk away at the first sign of him pissing about again, so this will either be done quickly - or not at all.

That’s said, as a player i think he’s perfect for our needs - and his age is actually an attractive factor. We need a tier 1 centre back who has the experience to slot in from the off and help sort our defence out, while our hugely promising pool of youngsters like a Garcia, THB and Tosin get up to speed. We don’t need a 25 year old who will expect to play every game for the next 5/6 years stopping their progression.

An experienced head to buy us 2/3 seasons whilst the youngsters build their experience is the perfect buy for our CB situation this summer.

What we do with Otamendi is going to be a serious challenge for Txiki though!

Oh I'm not really bothered about the fee, I was just wondering if there was anyone younger who could give us a Vinny like stay at the club. With the nice bonus of being able to say we got better value than Liverpool because they'd hate that.

I was just reading about De Ligt earlier though, seems he's not had a great season even at Juventus. Can't imagine how he'd have coped being thrown into the pressures of a City team in the PL.

The thing with Kompany is he was already a world renowned talent at 17. He made smart career decisions by deciding to go to a team in a league where he would be relied upon and could continue his development. And then we picked him up after a couple of seasons when we started to show a bit of ambition.

These days, I don't even know if it's possible for a young player with his kind of reputation. A mid table Bundesliga club would be instantly priced out of acquiring him by about 10 Premier League clubs.

Anyway, I don't really know what my point is so I'll shut up.

@tolmie's hairdoo can you see us signing a CB if one of Otamendi or Stones don’t leave? Because both staying is very likely. And that is a very scary prospect.

Otamendi must have a market, won’t get much in terms of transfer fee but he would must be looking for a 3 year deal somewhere.

Stones I can’t see, unless Mikel or Newcastle do us a favour his marketplace is very small.

sounds like the report was quite a way out at this point and we are just interested it seems.

Only slight issue is his age, but other than that would be a great signing for the club. Actually think it could happen too.
Cannavaro was 33 when he won the Ballon d'Or!!! He is perfect for a 5 year contract and exactly what we need at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.