Kalidou Koulibaly

Just seen a Napoli fan posted they're assuming a loss of 150-200mil Euros for 19/20 and 20/21. Not sure if that includes the Oshimen transfer. Koulibaly could save them 80mil and 36mil in wages. He's 29 and they're not in the Champions League. How are we failing to negotiate so badly?
Because Napoli are trying to rinse us, obviously

Just seen a Napoli fan posted they're assuming a loss of 150-200mil Euros for 19/20 and 20/21. Not sure if that includes the Oshimen transfer. Koulibaly could save them 80mil and 36mil in wages. He's 29 and they're not in the Champions League. How are we failing to negotiate so badly?

ADL is very greedy and has already stitched us up in the past. From our perspective he is 29 years old and has had a bad season

Or maybe we are negotiating with someone who wants to squeeze every penny he can and is the biggest egomaniac in football? Negotiations are a two way thing and at the moment we apparently believe (i have no idea if this is true) the value is £50m and he we apparently believe (i have no idea if this is true) it to be £80m. So perhaps we are looking at those numbers and realising that he has to sell so sticking to our guns.

Amazed how many people are in a position to (1) know what the City Recruitment team are doing, (2) how much we are willing to pay, (3) the ins and outs of the negotiation to know the team Sheik Mansoor oversees is crap. If they are so crap why isn't the bloke who has made billions in his business dealings sack them?

[QUOTE="BedsBlue68, post:

Amazed how many people are in a position to (1) know what the City Recruitment team are doing, (2) how much we are willing to pay, (3) the ins and outs of the negotiation to know the team Sheik Mansoor oversees is crap. If they are so crap why isn't the bloke who has made billions in his business dealings sack them?
[/QUOTE]

Far too logical and simplistic for BM .

Or maybe we are negotiating with someone who wants to squeeze every penny he can and is the biggest egomaniac in football? Negotiations are a two way thing and at the moment we apparently believe (i have no idea if this is true) the value is £50m and he we apparently believe (i have no idea if this is true) it to be £80m. So perhaps we are looking at those numbers and realising that he has to sell so sticking to our guns.

KK is getting on a bit, but seems ready made for our set-up and yet we are not pushing it through.

Looking at Napoli’s books only goes so far. What is the cost of City not paying what they ask?

If we get beaten at Wolves on Monday night then I expect him(or someone else) to be a City player by Tuesday afternoon - regardless of Napoli’s position, we need someone and sharpish!

Don't think this will happen they are both too stubborn to back down to save face, unless KK's agent gets them to compromise and meet halfway to get this deal over the line

Last edited:
Your prediction for the coming season is not a fact.

Well I know I’m right so I don’t really care about your opinion to be honest.
We need a new Kompany to join Laporte in defence, it’s that simple. Stones and Otamendi shouldn’t be near this team, aiming to win every trophy in Europe. Aké is a great buy but it’s not enough

Ake was worth 70 to 80 million last season, we got him for 40 million due to Bournemouth being relegated. Ake made zero mistakes that led to a goal last season for bournemouth, he wasnt at fault for any of the goals Bournemouth conceded. Bournemouth fans rant and rave about how good he is they rated him at top 3 cb in the league behind Van Dijk and Laporte. Hes also a leader at back im looking forward to see how he is here if all this is true then hes going to be a massive upgrade on our defence

Aké is a massive upgrade, but it’s still not enough. An injury to either Laporte or Aké and we’ll be royaly fucked for rest of the season. Aké himself is not gonna change the fact that we lost NINE league games. Liverpool lost ONE, two seasons ago. If they find their old form, we can say goodbye to both the league and UCL. It’s not rocketscience, it’s quite easy to see we have big problems at the back.

Realistically there's not much reason we'd be much better this season than last.
I'd disagree, but we will see.
Having Laporte fit will be a huge difference, the addition of two good signings, and no longer expecting the team to be able to sustain a third season of high intensity imo, will make us better. That's before we bring anyone else in, if we are indeed doing that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.