Kalidou Koulibaly

1-2 years ago he was at the level of Van Dijk. It was a pleasure to watch him defend but his game is built around speed, and power and he's 29 and reportedly not been great this last season.

At his best he was special. He doesn't have the composure on the ball of a Lucio or Thiago Silva but in terms of raw defending, he was really hard. Over 4 games Koulibaly got the better of Salah one on one. But I have a fear his best years are behind him. Not based on what I have seen but just based on his characteristics and his age.

Still miles better at defending than most of ours imo.

1-2 years ago he was at the level of Van Dijk. It was a pleasure to watch him defend but his game is built around speed, and power and he's 29 and reportedly not been great this last season.

At his best he was special. He doesn't have the composure on the ball of a Lucio or Thiago Silva but in terms of raw defending, he was really hard. Over 4 games Koulibaly got the better of Salah one on one. But I have a fear his best years are behind him. Not based on what I have seen but just based on his characteristics and his age.

Im not having a go but I dont see the hype Van Dick seems to be lauded with on here.
Yes, he has improved the scousers, but is he really as good as you are making out, not in my eyes

Im not having a go but I dont see the hype Van Dick seems to be lauded with on here.
Yes, he has improved the scousers, but is he really as good as you are making out, not in my eyes
A lot of hype but come on, he made the scousers, he and the keeper were the final pieces, the difference from a top 4 side to a title winning side.

Stop blaming Txiki. The fact is more likely that we have a valuation and will not exceed it. See Sanchez, Slabhead and numerous others for that.

I dont blame Txiki for the deal not getting done. But if the reports are true that he’s refused to deal with ADL directly that I do have a problem with. Dealing with a third party in negotiations slows everything down and Txiki should have put his personal differences to one side. The deal would have been done quicker or we would have walked away sooner. That’s if the reports are true - I dint believe anything I read this summer.

Marvin in ‘chat shit’ shocker....

seriously clueless, although entitled to his opinion, it’s always an indicator when one uses ‘it’s been reported’ and ‘based on nothing I’ve seen’.....

He’s 29 though so naturally he’s finished (:

I didn't think he was so 'bad' in his 'nightmare' game v Barca. Napoli were. He misplaced a couple of passes & gave away a clumsy pen. It's a routine day for some of our boys. I've seen Vinny do exactly the same on a number of occasions & get away with it.

Having said that, I'm hitched on the Kounde wagon, now it appears we are interested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.