Kalidou Koulibaly

This sounds like a very reasonable assessment but this activity should have taken place a month ago. Still I am reassured for the moment that City remain active in pursuit of another central defender when last week it seemed it was dead.

If we get the choice I prefer the younger option. I was amongst KK' biggest fans when he slew Salah but how much of that player survives? He maybe good for years to come playing at that level but it's commonplace for an athlete to be at their physical peak for 3-4 years. It would be rare indeed to be able to sustain that for a playing lifetime. See Micah. He was in a way quite similar in that for 2-3 years he was a machine on that right flank but it was all based on his physicality and when his knee went his whole game went and he couldn't survive.

This sounds like a very reasonable assessment but this activity should have taken place a month ago. Still I am reassured for the moment that City remain active in pursuit of another central defender when last week it seemed it was dead.

If we get the choice I prefer the younger option. I was amongst KK' biggest fans when he slew Salah but how much of that player survives? He maybe good for years to come playing at that level but it's commonplace for an athlete to be at their physical peak for 3-4 years. It would be rare indeed to be able to sustain that for a playing lifetime. See Micah. He was in a way quite similar in that for 2-3 years he was a machine on that right flank but it was all based on his physicality and when his knee went his whole game went and he couldn't survive.
So on the chance that KK's knee may 'go' we shouldn't buy him? Wouldn't that apply to every signing?

Still think Pep wants Koulibaly based on the months of negotiation, and Kounde is a trap only to scare ADL.

but we need to look at plan B's deffo, given the lack of movement with Napoli. Them starting and playing KK 90 minutes for KK is another big poker play from Napoli.

Sevilla wont agree much cheaper price than his release clause (90m euros), which makes it more expensive than ADL asking price which we are struggling to match.

Cant see Pep wants a young potential CB at this point as Laporte partner when it could one of his last City seasons or even the last one.

Still think Pep wants Koulibaly based on the months of negotiation, and Kounde is a trap only to scare ADL.

but we need to look at plan B's deffo, given the lack of movement with Napoli. Them starting and playing KK 90 minutes for KK is another big poker play from Napoli.

Sevilla wont agree much cheaper price than his release clause (90m euros), which makes it more expensive than ADL asking price which we are struggling to match.

Cant see Pep wants a young potential CB at this point as Laporte partner when it could one of his last City seasons or even the last one.
City will have / should have prepared more than one target. Kounde sounds like its progressed a long way.

Yeah but this napoli business is all about them fucking us over regarding Jorginho and us only dealing through a third party as we have fell out.
Napolis owner is a bellend and will be a **** with us even more, so either us and napoli grow up or forget the deal

Also its napolis player they can ask for what they want, we either negotiate, pay what they want of leave the deal,

ADL is a prick however you deal with him... hes demanding unreasonable value for a 29 year old in a suppressed and uncertain market. I’ll be pleased if we stand up to him. If we gave in to ADLs demands we’d regret it for years to come. We used to be a soft touch that paid over the odds but recently we’ve been a lot more prudent... setting a price and sticking to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.