Kalidou Koulibaly

Remember when we used to buy players thinking of resale value. The thing turned out was who were good enough were not sold. Those who became not good enough did not want to go. So it was very difficult to sell them. Instead of receiving money for them we were just seeking ways to part away with them. Best example are adebayer, Mangala. There are so many. So now a days i think the resale price are not as good as we think. As the players who turn 30/31 they do not have values while selling.
So bring this player in.

I like the price. Well under Van Dijk's 75, De Ligt's 72 and Maguire's 85.

If we get 4 excellent years out of him it'll be well worth it.

where has Martin Blackburn actually reported this though? Not in his timeline or even on the his newspaper website?

where has Martin Blackburn actually reported this though? Not in his timeline or even on the his newspaper website?

Was thinking the same, also the only twitter account I seen mentioning it is City_chief and I know that account is run by that lad Akio Fernandes (@bluewolf_09) who’s in India, not that it means it isn’t true but I’d be skeptical when it’s the only account posting it, unless I’ve missed someone else.

Still heck of a lot of money, in a post COVID market.
Football is in a parallel universe with common people getting it so hard at this time.
It’s not though is it. Top clubs have income circa £450-500m as global companies.

Much of that income is driven by success on the pitch leading to higher payments for league placing and CL money (and of course better sponsor income). Therefore to increase and/or maintain high turnover, a club must ensure it’s able to perform at a high level on the pitch. Given City’s high levels of revenue, I would much rather that money was reinvested into the playing staff than taken out of the club as dividends to the shareholders.

If buying world class players at their peak to fit a gap in the squad in to deliver in the short time frame while we have the best manager in football and our young prospects at the position aren't ready to start yet is desperate then I don't want to even know what you think is the right way to do things.
Look who you’re replying to. I can’t remember ever seeing a post about football from him that I’ve agreed with.

I was going to say you’re describing Maguire but then I realised he has zero pace and can’t read the game well either.
The same posters getting wildly excited about Koulibaly, are the same posters who were getting wildly excited about Maguire in the summer. There was a reason we didn't pursue our interest in Maguire and there's a reason we won't pay an equally outlandish fee for Koulibaly. If Napoli get desperate and drop the price significantly, then maybe it's worth a bit of a gamble.
Fernandinho came here at almost the same age, 28. He was an attacking midfielder too before he became a DM at city. Running all match, back and forth plugging holes and challenging, is a job that is more taxing on the body than centerback by several orders of magnitude. His 7 years at Manchester City weren’t so bad were they?

Shut the fuck up about age. Please.

Some of you lot should get hired by the club because your opinions are so great!
Fernandinho isnt 6'4" and built like a 5 bed detached, in the same way long distance marathon runners aren't built like Anthony Joshua. The risk is far greater with injuries in part because of the size of him the older he gets. Although like @domalino has very rightly pointed out, Koulibaly has a very good injury record, so far.
Remember when we used to buy players thinking of resale value. The thing turned out was who were good enough were not sold. Those who became not good enough did not want to go. So it was very difficult to sell them. Instead of receiving money for them we were just seeking ways to part away with them. Best example are adebayer, Mangala. There are so many. So now a days i think the resale price are not as good as we think. As the players who turn 30/31 they do not have values while selling.
So bring this player in.
There's a huge difference in building short term success before UEFA's cartel could build the FFP bridges and now. Remember when we last signed a 29 year old, no me either. Walker is the closest in recent years and he hasn't turned out too badly, so it's not a cut and dried debate but for the same reasons we seemingly pulled out of the Maguire pursuit, I think we'll do the same with Koulibaly. Unless De Laurentiis gets desperate which could happen considering current market conditions, let's hope so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.