Kalidou Koulibaly

Said it once, will say it again.

IF (and its a big IF) we decide he is definitely the one we want then we will get him AND at a price we dictate (within reason)

ADL won’t miss out on selling a 29 year old asset as his value will severely depreciate when he hits 30.

We are in control of this deal, not ADL.

I think the club are rightly very wary about such a big outlay on someone who may only have another couple of years at the top.

IF (and its a big IF) we decide he is definitely the one we want then we will get him AND at a price we dictate (within reason)

ADL won’t miss out on selling a 29 year old asset as his value will severely depreciate when he hits 30.

I think the club are rightly very wary about such a big outlay on someone who may only have another couple of years at the top.
Was it Harold Wilson or Mike Yarwood?

Honestly, I'm a big fan of Koulibaly and will be happy as Larry if we sign him but I think if there were more quality options available then we would have walked away as soon as we heard the price.

I think ADL knows that we either spend big on his player or risk a slightly smaller fee on someone who will be a bigger risk. The alternatives mentioned haven't filled me with confidence at all.

He has actually played an entire season in the Premier League at full back, when he was at Watford.

Ake is a strange case - he was a DM when he was at Chelsea (in the youth team, and in his very limited first team appearances), then a full back at Watford - and only started being played regularly at CB when at Bournemouth.

He was 21 by that stage, so had spent his entire development career to that point being played anywhere but CB.

Given how Pep asks his full backs to tuck into central positions when we're attacking up the pitch, Ake has all the attributes to fill that side of the role perfectly.

He definitely won't provide the attacking threat Mendy has in him, but against teams where we want a more solid defensive option, he'd actually be a very good choice at left back.

True and Mendy rarely provides much going forwards these days anyway.

I will watch him closely against Barcelona on Saturday.

If he has a horrible game then its over. We move on.

Or he delivers a clean sheet managing the defence and scores two headers. Then De Laurentis will raise his price.

I will watch him closely against Barcelona on Saturday.

If he has a horrible game then its over. We move on.

Or he delivers a clean sheet managing the defence and scores two headers. Then De Laurentis will raise his price.

That’s the spirit.

Alternatively, he plays okay but can do little to stop Barcelona winning and progressing, but our team think, ‘Well, we’ve tracked him for two seasons, let’s not make any knee-jerk reactions and walk away on the basis of one game. Let’s instead go to Naples and drive an even harder bargain with a club that’s in a weakened position.”

Don't worry about his age hes a machine

2 week older than dick van Dyke so he will have a good 3-4 years easy

He won't play every week unlike say Laporte but please don't think he is fucked when he reaches 31 unlike a fucked 50 year old like me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.