Kalidou Koulibaly

Been out tonight, so not seen the game, but sounds like Koulibaly had a bad game. Too many people judging his performance on one game/recent games imo. If you watched Laporte against Spurs in the CL (home leg) you would not go near him and his form since the restart has not been good, but we all know he is a very good defender.

The main concern is his age, but the way he played against the Dippers in the CL (this season and last) I still think he is a good defender and if Pep wants him still that's fine with me.

He's playing in a team he should already have left. They were a mess.

We have actually seen it many times in the past, when we were a mess, with players who have left City.

I don't believe we will sign him tbh but I hope we do.

I understand where your coming from, but he should be up for this match, if not for his team, then for himself.
He was poor this evening and I'll bet he'll have a sleepless night tonight...poor bugga!

Are defenders allowed to have bad games?

I seem to recall Van Dijk having a poor game at the Camp Nou last season.

Of course they are, don't be silly. Surely you understand that when we're rumoured to be spending between 70-90m on a centre half and he plays as poorly as tonight, alarm bells start ringing.

Van Dijk had delivered multiple top class performances before the Nou Camp last season and proceeded to correct it in the second leg. Koulibaly has been poor since the restart and so naturally, we're gonna ask questions.

Absolutely no way you can judge based upon tonight. The midfield in front of him was just static, no defense could cope with that in front of them.

The bloke may be better than tonights showing but talk of 80mil etc, no chance, not a chance we should be even entertaining that or anything close. De Laurentis can take a long walk of a short pier if he is thinking of getting anything like that amount for him. You pay that much for a 22yo world class talent who is proven, not a 29yo who is arguably on a decline of some sort. or at least not playing that great currently for whatever reason.

The major sticking point i think is De Laurentis, he is tight as a gnats arse and will be demanding stupid money. Italian clubs are notorious for not wanting to pay but have every other bugger pay through the nose, De Laurentis being one of the worst for it.

I have not seen anything of him really but can only go of what i do see, not "he was good then in such and such a system". If we still want him, fair enough but if we pay silly money we will be absolute mugs.

Players can drop off a cliff, Sanchez last season at Arsenal should have been a big warning to Utd but they were stupid as stupid gets, the blokes explosive speed went and thus his main attribute that allowed him to be good in the prem. Rooney was totally done at 27. We should be very aware this fella could be on more than a bad run of form. We want someone with buckets of energy, not a player on the slide who has to "manage" his performances.

In the current climate, Napoli will be lucky to get 40-45M and Zinchenko from us

Roma have just been taken over by another US billionaire and Lazio have the Champions League spot, so the pressure in Naples is going to be on De Laurentiis to rebuild the team or see them fall away. With no Champions League money, massively reduced match ticket income, and a country in economic straits, he's not going to get much more. Good time for us to negotiate.

I watched from just before the penalty. I'd say he gave 3 or 4 stray passes, although to be fair sometimes the movement in front of him wasn't great. It's fair to say that he's the one player in the defence they look to to move the ball forward. He also came for at least a couple of long passes high up the pitch and lost his duel. I think his positioning was generally good and he showed a decent turn of pace at one point. But yeah, if I'd only ever seen that performance, I wouldn't think I was looking at a world class CB.

Cheers man, thanks for answer

Piss poor tonight.

The one player I'm always impressed by when I watch Napoli is Insigne, cracking player.

If it was down to me I would avoid signing Napoli players. They are all part of an effective team but don't tend to do too well once they leave Naples

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.