Kalidou Koulibaly

I'll admit that's good but playing out the back under zero pressure doesn't put him anywhere near the level of Koulibaly.

It's not even that Mangala is bad per se, because he's not. It's just Koulibaly is very good at this, way above Mangala's level.

anyone who still has doubts about KK should definitely watch this video.

Can’t believe people are still comparing him to Mangala.
Its like comparing Charlize Theron to Daniella Westbrook. They’re both white with blonde hair so they must be the same class of woman, right?

You still can't completely knock Mangala. He did have geniune potential

He was great against big static lumps like Costa and Ibrahimovic who he could have a physical battle with.
Anyone with a bit of pace, trickery and movement who made him turn or face his own goal humiliated him

He wasn't too clever with high our line tactics but put him in a more defensive side and he is still more than useful playerto have. He still has a few caps for the current World Champions too.

Last edited:
Upamecano is the other end of the spectrum He has obvious potential and I wouldn't mind him being bought as a side project but he is still a raw kid and quite ready.

He definitely is a project. However, it does feel like he has some he’s going to next year. I may be wrong.

For God Sake, Lyon reached the semi final with Denayer ! but somehow we need to spend +60m on Koulibaly to match their achievment !

& Even Angelino who is not good enough to be our 2nd LB has reached the semi final ( Good luck to him )

I am sure buying KK will add nothing except more losses of club resources & extra pressure to deliver.

Its too much for a player who has achieved next to fuck all. At leat with van Dijk he won something before he arrived in England (and I don't rate that player too highly)
What has that got to do with anything in a team sport?

The first thing i want City to change for next season is that ridiculously high line we play. I always say that if the opposition hit a ball over the top or play a pass through the middle, if the defence are standing in a straight line and the opposition attacker times his run perfectly, one ball can take the whole defence out of the game leaving the attacker bearing down on goal.

I really do think we need to tweak our tactics as they were absolutely suicidal against Lyon and have been on a number of occasions this season. Liverpool don't play such a high line like us, i don't see why we need to do the same. At least have one or even 2 defenders sitting 5-10 yards behind to sweep up anything that comes through the middle or over the top of our defence.

I do think Koulibaly is a very capable defender and will improve us, but it is up to Pep to make a few tweaks and not make us look so susceptible to being counter attacked.
You can’t compare our style of play to Liverpool’s. High line works majority of time especially if keep possession, have pace at the back, sweeper keeper and importantly take you chances to score.
Just watched Bayern murder Barcelona playing higher than us, and despite Barcelona having opportunities they were much fewer than Munich and a few from dead ball situations.
We have no pace at the back and in the middle of the park. That’s what needs sorting and KK might be the solution, he might not, but stones, otamendi and Garcia alongside Laporte certainly aren’t for the style we play. Regarding cost, personally I don’t care, not my job too as I’m a fan not an employee, and I have faith in what the club are doing, CAS result being an example that they don’t f@ck around

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.