Kalidou Koulibaly

Cunning plan but when he’s played CDM he has looked totally useless. Not quick enough of thought or pass imo.

But if he gets his head on and fitness right its surely worth a go?
[/QUOTE]
I think Pep tried that and saw it really didn’t work.

Personally, I think he’ll stick with him as a rotation option at centre back with Garcia & Nico leaving and our new signing and Aké with Laporte making up the numbers and one of Tosin or THB staying as the 5th centre back. I think we need the numbers there.

With more defensive solidity & good energy up front we’ll see the best of Rodri/Gundogan/Fernandinho & I’ve a suspicion we’ll see Gundo playing one of the 8 roles in games as a rotation for Kev.

Is the answer staring us in the face here?
Why doesn't pep put Stones in midfield, ditch Gundogan and pair Laporte Ake and Otamendi as 3 centre backs with the 2 full backs to make it a strong unit of 5?

Stones could add additional cover in the midfield role dropping back to help out whilst developing a new role for himself.
This could be a better idea than outlaying 80 million on a 29 year old?

Rodri turns in his grave to this post.

Why doesn't pep put Stones in midfield, ditch Gundogan and pair Laporte Ake and Otamendi as 3 centre backs with the 2 full backs to make it a strong unit of 5?

Stones could add additional cover in the midfield role dropping back to help out whilst developing a new role for himself.

This suggestion made my eyes bleed...
Sorry blue.

That will kill any confidence Stones will have in his own game

Not being funny, but i am not surprised this comment has received no likes so far...

We are aiming to compete at the top end of the table alongside Liverpool... are you trying to get us to compete alongside the likes of Burnley and Newcastle instead?

Stones in midfield?

That is enough to give me nightmares. Farrrkkiiin hell.

Lol

Why do people suggest "3 at the back" ?

Pep's tried it, it fails nearly every time.
With different players you can make systems work that hitherto haven't. For example, Ake and Laporte can play left back whereas Otamendi can not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.