Kalvin Phillips interview in the Sunday papers

Nice lad and good player. Hung out to dry by Pep, but clearly couldn't operate as the player Pep hoped.

Anyone slagging him, the lad has achieved more in his short career than any of you will in a lifetime. Hope he goes on and has a successful club and country career elsewhere. He didn't down tools or show bad attitude, it just didn't work out.
The Internet is great when it comes to raking up history. Here is you on Kyle Walker less than two months ago:

Bit of a Joe Hart air head. Probably be in jail or Wetherspoons every day if he was shit at footy.

Here's you on Phil Foden around the same time:

Fucking braindead. Stupid hoof attempt after giving the ball away unchallenged several times.

The boy's game management is piss poor. He's not improved or matured since 19.

So it's ok for you to slag off two club legends with personal remarks but nobody else is allowed to criticise Kalvin?

The Internet is great when it comes to raking up history. Here is you on Kyle Walker less than two months ago:

Bit of a Joe Hart air head. Probably be in jail or Wetherspoons every day if he was shit at footy.

Here's you on Phil Foden around the same time:

Fucking braindead. Stupid hoof attempt after giving the ball away unchallenged several times.

The boy's game management is piss poor. He's not improved or matured since 19.

So it's ok for you to slag off two club legends with personal remarks but nobody else is allowed to criticise Kalvin?
You don't believe for one minute he's a Blue? He's not even being subtle about it.

On a related theme, Kalvin was give star billing in the West Ham programme today. He came on for the 2nd half, though occasionally a cover feature seems a curse for a player. I think Pep looks at them sometime and says, 'he's not starting today'

KP.jpg
KP1.jpg
KP2.jpgKP3.jpg

Opinion on Walker stands, that one on Phil hasn't aged well. Go enjoy your Sunday night and stop stalking people on the internet that would end your miserable life in 30 seconds if you met them in person.
Everyone gets proven wrong from time to time, but that's not the point, is it? The point here is that you seemingly slag off our players and manager with impunity but don't like it when others criticise a peripheral squad member for making ill-judged remarks about our manager in particular. I'm curious to know how you have achieved more than Pep, Foden and Walker seeing as that is the bar you set to be able to criticise them. Unlike you, you see, I won't resort to online threats and bullying. You don't know me, the circumstances in my life or my physical capabilities, so threatening to kill me if you see me is speculative at best, just like your remark about Walker's career prospects.

If you don't like people taking issue with your comments then have a good think about how you project yourself in a public forum. You might be in way over your head. Calling the greatest manager in the club's history 'a ****' isn't likely to be well-received, not when, in the same breath, you're calling for people to be nicer to Kalvin Phillips. Just a thought.

It's easy to throw stones at others, and you never get slagged off by somebody doing better than you in life. I get it, we're all City fans and wanted to see Phillips do better for us. The guy is clearly at rock bottom at the moment due to a confidence crisis. We love to kick people when they're down and troll in this country, then virtue signal about mental health when somebody kills themselves. Being on 100k a week doesn't make you immune to mental health problems or able to brush off unjust criticism.

City was clearly the wrong environment for him, and Pep was out of order for handling the weight situation the way he did. I wish him well, and don't believe the tabloid headlines.
You have plenty right and beautiful intentions, but disagree on Peps part. You do not know. Maybe at top top level its reasonable from Pep. As part of policy and his know how. Maybe a bit tough, but its fair enough at professional level

Pretty poor this from KP. 2 games into his loan spell at West Ham where he’s been pretty underwhelming and he’s already crying to the papers

Pep said Phillips is the only player he's not been able to improve. Says everything. IQ ???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.