Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk about him not fitting in - we’re going to be changing how we play now Haaland has come in and maybe that means a bigger scope to what it takes to be a midfielder in this team. Not just being an 8 or a 6.

If we get Phillips, it’ll be a thought-out signing and not one for the sake of it. As with all the signings we make.

Yes I don’t dislike him. Pep likes to keep a squad low in numbers and high in quality and gives everyone plenty of games to keep them happy so in that sense there are better alternatives to Calvin If we are willing to pay more.

From a monetary point of view £35 million would be a great deal. However the only release clause I can find anywhere is £25 million if Leeds go down which makes me think that ship has sailed and Leeds would want £80 million or some daft figure which City wouldn’t spend.

I think Tchoumeni has gone to RM now and I would absolutely have bought him. Some kids are worth it.

I don't think that his people would be as public as they are being about City's interest if there wasn't a fee at which he was allowed to move. Personally I have no knowledge of a release clause but for example, if @Didsbury Dave says there is one, then we should all accept it. DD doesn't play ITK bollocks.

Maybe it's already been posted, but an interesting (if quite lightweight) bit of analysis about Phillips in this Tifo vid. Some particularly interesting and encouraging comments about how well he combined with Walker and Foden at the Euros.

All this talk about him not fitting in - we’re going to be changing how we play now Haaland has come in and maybe that means a bigger scope to what it takes to be a midfielder in this team. Not just being an 8 or a 6.

If we get Phillips, it’ll be a thought-out signing and not one for the sake of it. As with all the signings we make.
True enough last bad signings were probably Bony and Mangala.

Well then that’s a good deal. What’s he waiting for?! He should be half way down the M62.

No idea, likely making sure the exit is as amicable as possible.

Leeds have offered him another pay rise but he's obviously ambitious.

I suppose we should remember we have five subs next summer, that should really work in the favour of purchases such as this.

I don't think that his people would be as public as they are being about City's interest if there wasn't a fee at which he was allowed to move. Personally I have no knowledge of a release clause but for example, if @Didsbury Dave says there is one, then we should all accept it. DD doesn't play ITK bollocks.
Must be true about the £25mil if relegated, £35mil if not, as there’s no way that price would be being bandied about otherwise.

That’s true but he says he doesn’t know if the clause was attached to relegation. Tolmie seems to think it isn’t but he’s only just popped up!

He is in the process of moving agents this month to Stellar. Jack's people. There is a pay day to be had.

Didn't know DD has such a high rep on here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.