Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillips is a full England international, a homegrown player and our PPG halves when he’s out of the team. And you think he’s worth £35-40m which is the same as Oxlade-Chamberlain 5 years ago?
With the greatest of respect, City are playing at a completely different level to you. You see him as one of your best players and an England international. I see him as backup for other far superior players already at City, and someone who is very lucky to be in the England setup. You want more than £40m. I’m thinking I don’t want to us spend £40m on a backup. He is worth a lot more to you than he is to us.

Personally, I do not rate him at all (other blues on here do). I see him as nothing more than the midfield purchase equivalent of Ake. He will come in and do a job when needed, but realistically will never be a regular starter because he would have far better players in front of him.

I hope you do push for more cash and City look elsewhere.

Only further proves my point
There was apparently a relegation clause in Phillips' contract and that is why City is negotiating; you probably will get more than £35-40 but not much more imo. As for Oxlade Chamberlain he was a peformer in a top 6 side before he moved to Liverpool;injuries has scuppered a promising career.

There was apparently a relegation clause in Phillips' contract and that is why City is negotiating; you probably will get more than £35-40 but not much more imo. As for Oxlade Chamberlain he was a peformer in a top 6 side before he moved to Liverpool;injuries has scuppered a promising career.
Brighton got £50m for Ben White. Phillips has more England caps and is a more important player to us than White was for Brighton.

Brighton got £50m for Ben White. Phillips has more England caps and is a more important player to us than White was for Brighton.
White was still a key defender for Brighton. Leeds just escaped relegation by the skin of your teeth and would of lost Kalvin Phillips foe £35m. Your team is in a lot stronger postion by staying up but not that much you can start demanding £60+m

White was still a key defender for Brighton. Leeds just escaped relegation by the skin of your teeth and would of lost Kalvin Phillips foe £35m
Yeah but we didn’t get relegated so we don’t have to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.