Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d give Zinchenko a go as DM and I think he’d be much better in that role than Phillips.
The fact that he’s never been tried there in all his years at the club, suggest none of the coaches that work with him every day think he’s a fit for DM. For me he’s too small.
I actually think Ake would be a better fit than Zinchenko, but not better than Phillips, but again those working with the player every day would know better than me.

The fact that he’s never been tried there in all his years at the club, suggest none of the coaches that work with him every day think he’s a fit for DM. For me he’s too small.
I actually think Ake would be a better fit than Zinchenko, but not better than Phillips, but again those working with the player every day would know better than me.
at any club.

It’s just an opinion, that’s all. And he’s only 3 cms shorter than Phillips!

I agree with you but not because he's small lol. Kante is the smallest player on the planet and he's a DM, the main reason i think is he's a bit lazy coming backwards.

I agree with you but not because he's small lol. Kante is the smallest player on the planet and he's a DM, the main reason i think is he's a bit lazy coming backwards.
Kante plays in a 2 man midfield at Chelsea and it's actually Jorginho or Kovacic that dictates play for them. Zinch could only work in a 2 man midfield for us, but he is basically doing this anyway when he plays LB inverting into midfield.

But if Rodri is out I'd rather Phillips paired with Bernardo. Bernardo can drop back if we are playing out from the back which he does at times as it is with Phillips being the shield breaking up plays in the midfield.

I’d give Zinchenko a go as DM and I think he’d be much better in that role than Phillips.
He is not a 6 LOL, We've been told many times that this guy has no physicality to play as a 6. He is not a ball-winner, guy who is unable to make tackles/interceptions and lacks physical strength.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see this thread just like almost anyone else will be proven wrong over the time.

Suggesting that City scout team incapable to do something better than someguy in online forum is laughable tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.