Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did the same with Ake and thankfully he rammed it down the throats of some so called Blues.
Ake did well when called upon last season but he cost £40m and has played 24 PL games across 2 seasons. At £1.6m per appearance (not even taking his wages into the equation) I’m not sure he’s rammed anything anywhere.

If the reported £60m fee for Phillips is even remotely close to the mark, let’s hope he costs a little less per appearance.

Ake did well when called upon last season but he cost £40m and has played 24 PL games across 2 seasons. At £1.6m per appearance (not even taking his wages into the equation) I’m not sure he’s rammed anything anywhere.

If the reported £60m fee for Phillips is even remotely close to the mark, let’s hope he costs a little less per appearance.
Too many people are obsessed with transfer fees.

Spending 60 million on a 27 y/o average backup DM is delusional.

I’m with you mate.
We’ll be in the minority though.

Sometimes if it’s right, show our financial muscle and go all out.
However sometimes you can shop around and 60m for a back up, 27 year old DM, doesn’t sit right with me either.

In all competitions he made 40 appearances. His first season was blighted by muscular problems.

I’m with you mate.

However sometimes you can shop around and 60m for a back up, 27 year old DM, doesn’t sit right with me either.
Exactly what I’m saying and don’t forget he has 2 years left on his deal. It’s excessive and will lead to us getting fleeced down the line for future targets.

I’m with you mate.

But he wont be a back up,he`ll be a squad member,as Rodri will be unable to play all 50+ games.Just like Zinny,Stones,Grealish and Sterling were and have been.
Pep in the past has even rested KDB,Merlin,Walker etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.