Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many people are obsessed with transfer fees.
In an ideal world, you just buy the players that you want, at whatever price it takes to get them, but like or not (and I don’t) the cost of transfers have to be considered in this FFP era.

When Phillips was originally mentioned on here, it was for a reported £35m release clause. Plenty on here didn’t think he was very good, but could at least see the logic at that price. Seemingly the price has rocketed now we are facing competition from the likes of West Ham and Villa and rather then fans thinking ‘woah, hold a min’ he has all of a sudden become this must-have purchase at any price.

£60m for Kalvin Phillips would be stupid money and I don't really care who wants to get defensive about it. Hopefully it's bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not that arsed because it's not my money but if my missus goes to the shop and buys herself a Cornetto for a tenner I'm still going to be mildly concerned for her mental well-being.

The reason people are "obsessed" with transfer fees is that overspending on 1 player this window DOES, in fact, mean you won't have the money for a different player in a different window - the fees SHOULD matter to you as a fan from a practical point of view.

In an ideal world, you just buy the players that you want, at whatever price it takes to get them, but like or not (and I don’t) the cost of transfers have to be considered in this FFP era.

When Phillips was originally mentioned on here, it was for a reported £35m release clause. Plenty on here didn’t think he was very good, but could at least see the logic at that price. Seemingly the price has rocketed now we are facing competition from the likes of West Ham and Villa and rather then fans thinking ‘woah, hold a min’ he has all of a sudden become this must-have purchase at any price.
Why are you talking about FFP ?
Do you honestly believe that the people running our club have no insight to the problems connected to FFP after all thats gone on with our Club.
City will pay what they believe is a fair value and have walked away from many a transfer, when the figures become excessive.
At the end of the day no-one on this forum has any idea about the fees but some are quick to jump on the "twitter bandwagon" and take as face value some of the shit being banded about the fees.

One of the problems with this is the reports from people like Delooney is it’s alway couched as “rumoured to be” , “could reach up to as much as”. No fucking clue what the real numbers are , then people start responding like the figures are facts and not just made up guesses. We KNOW the media always increase the numbers for us. Let’s see what happens first..

English international, leeds cap, apparently a very smart and sensible guy, good image, perfect profile in terms of playstyle, hg, Bielsa taught, a different player to Rodri.

I think he’s worth whatever the club deems ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.