Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad deal, assuming that the 60 million is the fee, bonuses and five years of wages. That's the way our transfers are reported these days, isn't it?
Not our money and the club have not got many things wrong. I would be fine with the price.
However, we are getting into the price range that could tempt Dortmand to part with Bellingham.

So,in fine BM fashion,like Grealish.....this lad will start his career at City with some fans waiting to jump on his back at the first opportunity.

Cmon......At least allow him the chance to prove,either way,his worth.
They did the same with Ake and thankfully he rammed it down the throats of some so called Blues.

Not our money and the club have not got many things wrong. I would be fine with the price.
However, we are getting into the price range that could tempt Dortmand to part with Bellingham.
Yeah, that's it. If he's good enough, then obviously you pay what you need to. But once the price goes to those levels, the number of players that are also good enough increases.

Guys - it’s Delooney.

There’s no way he’s got any idea what the fee is agreed at.

It may end up being £60m - but one thing you can bank on is that City give this jumped up Lebedev mouthpiece absolutely nothing.

He’s feeding off scraps when it comes to what’s going on at our Club.

Not gonna judge a player by Southgates opinion tbh as an example Sterling usually starts ahead of foden and grealish for England.

I’m not someone who is opposed to us signing Philips as I recognise we do need a decent back up for rodri but I do think this reported fee for a fairly average midfielder with 2 years left on his deal is complete madness. Especially as he won’t be an automatic starter just seems a bit excessive to me personally.
As he should

They did the same with Ake and thankfully he rammed it down the throats of some so called Blues.

The slight difference with Ake was (mostly) people commenting on the necessity of his signing,where as this lad,or someone similar,is very much required to fill a squad hole.

Ake has proven a very good acquisition though,and my gut tells me so will Philips.

The slight difference with Ake was (mostly) people commenting on the necessity of his signing,where as this lad,or someone similar,is very much required to fill a squad hole.

Ake has proven a very good acquisition though,and my gut tells me so will Philips.
But in the end the signing proved a necessity and he covered both the left centre and left full back positions.
Maybe Pep and Txiki know more than most the reasons behind these signings. ;)
Philips to me will become an integral part of the team should he sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.