Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's perfect for us he's been managed by Bielsa. He's used to the way we play, he's played that DM role in a Bielsa set up that isn't that different to Peps set up. In how the number 6 is used.

Kalvin can come straight into the team and know exactly what to do and how to play our way.

Iv noticed our targets so far apart from Haaland have been prem players maybe Pep wants players to come in who know the league already.

This is a circular argument.

The club ABSOLUTELY is capable of being extremely incompetent when it comes to transfers - Ahsan said it perfectly last summer when he felt the club was "unserious" in the Kane deal.

100m for grealish is still an extremely bizarre price as of now and it's still up to him to change that.

The club is not beyond making bizarre transfer decisions even if the people managing it are competent.
you know it was a clause right? Bizarre, lol

Please for the love of god don't spend 60 million on him. I cannot stress what an insane price this is. Genuinely don't care if pep wants him, someone has to be the responsible adult in the room and say no, he's worth barely half that at best.

Hahaha we get this every transfer window it’s hilarious.

Why are you talking about FFP ?
Do you honestly believe that the people running our club have no insight to the problems connected to FFP after all thats gone on with our Club.
City will pay what they believe is a fair value and have walked away from many a transfer, when the figures become excessive.
At the end of the day no-one on this forum has any idea about the fees but some are quick to jump on the "twitter bandwagon" and take as face value some of the shit being banded about the fees.
Because you said people were obsessed with fees. The only reason this is the case is because of FFP.

Nobody knows whether the rumoured £60m is correct or not, but people will form an opinion based on that news. You’re doing it yourself by suggesting it’s fair value. Others think it isn’t fair value.

I disagree. I think our recruitment has been poor as it goes. We didn’t get a centre back the year kompany left and didn’t bring in a forward last year. It was obvious we were balls deep for kane but for whatever reason didn’t work out. We looked very light at times this season.

Last year we bought In Grealish for 100 million which although he has done ok and I quite like him I think 100 million was too much and there were alternatives that were a lot cheaper.

Year before was Torres/Ake and Dias. I would only count Dias as being a success. Torres showed glimpses of what he could do but left a year later.

Ake at 50 million is again too much for essentially a fourth choice centre back. He’s done better this season but I wouldn’t put him down as a success after two full seasons.

Admittedly Haaland and Alvarez look to be a top piece of business this year but the last few have been very underwhelming when you consider we have lost sane/kompany/Fernandinho and augero.
The club aren’t going to go out and buy a player they don’t want simply because someone has left. If their target isn’t available, they try for them next season.

We clearly wanted Grealish. Nothing we can do about this price.

Ake was 40 million.

If our recruitment is underwhelming and we continue winning trophies then I’m all for it.

English international, leeds cap, apparently a very smart and sensible guy, good image, perfect profile in terms of playstyle, hg, Bielsa taught, a different player to Rodri.

I think he’s worth whatever the club deems ok.
He is bang average, bro. Look at his stats.

The club aren’t going to go out and buy a player they don’t want simply because someone has left. If their target isn’t available, they try for them next season.

We clearly wanted Grealish. Nothing we can do about this price.

Ake was 40 million.

If our recruitment is underwhelming and we continue winning trophies then I’m all for it.
Maybe to pay the same amount of money for better players than Ake and Phillips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.