Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what everyone's bothered about fees. Is not my money and so I don't give a shit as long as Pep gets what he wants and needs.

Unless you think the club don't understand either our financial position or FFP rules, why is it our problem I trust the club with our finances, I trust Txiki and Pep with our recruitment and therefore couldn't care less what fees we pay or what fees we get.
Reading far too much into my FFP comment. I was simply making the point that the reason people discuss the fees involved these days is because of the introduction of FFP. I trust the club 100% on FFP matters but just because we can afford him, it doesn’t mean it’s good value.

It was a £35m release clause a month ago. It was £45m last week. Today it’s apparently £60m. At what price (if any) do you start to care how much we pay for him, we still all good if it’s £75m next week?

Every player we have bought if it ends up with that player playing in our team and the team squad wins the league every single penny we spent was worth it even 100m we spent on Grealish who contributed to us winning the league.

Yep your opinion a players we buy is to much but the club don’t buy players who they think is to much! There is history of umpteen players we didn’t sign because the club thought it was to much.

Sanchez , Maguire & Fred - 3 examples where the Club backed out

They trusted themselves and apparently have the faith in Jack to justify the 100m outlay over the course of this contract.

So, there are financial aspects which the club does look into , I am sure - so far ( as per reports) - Pep / Txiki like what they see in Phillips .

60m is surely steep for a back up DM - lets see how it goes

But we did want a centre back the year before we got Dias and we did want a forward last year. I’m not knocking the quality of football we play or down playing that we have won the league but I think we could have done better in both seasons.

Ake has been back up most of the time.
Torres was sold a year later.
Grealish started ok but wasn’t starting any of the big games we played towards the end of the season. That says a lot I think.

Dias has been excellent.
I have no idea what point you are making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.