Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, because we could find a better one for a cheaper one and I demand quality from the club. We are not going to sign a backup, but a player who will play a lot. The idea of BACK UP doesn't work at City.

He is not at our level. Simply as that.

For 60M£ we could sign a world-class player, not Kalvin Phillips.
But that is not a reason to feel embarrassed. If anything its pretty pathetic to say that. The club want to buy a player you and I don't particularly rate that's about it. If he doesn't work out the club will replace him.

Come on mate, £60mil for a backup DM is mental. We pulled out of the Van Dijk deal because we thought it was too much, so why all this for an average player?
Bissouma who is IMO better than Phillips is going to be sold for 40-45M£.

Recruitment poor for fucks sake, we buy the players we want for the price we want to pay
But we did want a centre back the year before we got Dias and we did want a forward last year. I’m not knocking the quality of football we play or down playing that we have won the league but I think we could have done better in both seasons.

Ake has been back up most of the time.
Torres was sold a year later.
Grealish started ok but wasn’t starting any of the big games we played towards the end of the season. That says a lot I think.

Dias has been excellent.

Don't be sarcastic. Everybody knows that 60m£ is the price of world-class midfielders or potentially world-class midfielders. That guy is 27-year old and seriously nothing special in terms of PL level.
So if we buy him why do you think that is then, do the team that have built a record breaking serial winning team suddenly lost all ability to identify players ? Or is it possible, unlikely I know, they know a little bit more about what they want and what they can afford than you do ?

Blows my mind city didn’t press more for zakaria in the winter window for 5m or whatever and now want to spunk 45m+ on this guy. Hilarious. No thanks.

Come on mate, £60mil for a backup DM is mental. We pulled out of the Van Dijk deal because we thought it was too much, so why all this for an average player?
Because he's the one the manager wants and no doubt doesn't consider him to be average. The club has the responsibility to try and get the manager the players that he feels that we need.

Personally I haven't watched him enough to comment but the Leeds fans I know rate him very highly. If we sign him, then I look forward to seeing him play.

Fees are of little relevance/interest to me and value can only really be determined at the end of a player's contract.

I can guarantee we'd be unanimously pissing ourselves laughing if united signed him for £60m. I'm all up for having faith in the club but there is an argument to be made that we're setting a bit of a precedent for ourselves after overspending on Grealish last summer and now, potentially, this.

Now wait for the update that Delaney's misheard his source and it's actually £16m.

I can guarantee we'd be unanimously pissing ourselves laughing if united signed him for £60m. I'm all up for having faith in the club but there is an argument to be made that we're setting a bit of a precedent for ourselves after overspending on Grealish last summer and now, potentially, this.

Now wait for the update that Delaney's misheard his source and it's actually £16m.
This of course is true. And he’s walk into the starting 11. 60m for this goof to start 14 matches a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.