Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can guarantee we'd be unanimously pissing ourselves laughing if united signed him for £60m. I'm all up for having faith in the club but there is an argument to be made that we're setting a bit of a precedent for ourselves after overspending on Grealish last summer and now, potentially, this.

Now wait for the update that Delaney's misheard his source and it's actually £16m.
Precisely. This is such a united transfer. 60 fucking million for him

Yeah, because we could find a better one for a cheaper one and I demand quality from the club. We are not going to sign a backup, but a player who will play a lot. The idea of BACK UP doesn't work at City.

He is not at our level. Simply as that.

For 60M£ we could sign a world-class player, not Kalvin Phillips.
OK name one then ... thats available.

So if we had proper left back we would won the champs league when if fact Zinchenko in champs league has been outstanding.
That’s why I said maybe.

Zinchenko at left back is ok but he’s not a left back and it shows when attacked. He’s ok when up there field knitting the play together on the left but he’s not a great left back. I like him though and he’s a decent guy and it would be interesting to see what he’s like in a middle three for us.

What don't you get? I can analyze every transfer on its own, at face value, and not just resign to "I trust them" when I think one of the transfers is too much. I think everyone is capable of doing that

Every player we have bought if it ends up with that player playing in our team and the team squad wins the league every single penny we spent was worth it even 100m we spent on Grealish who contributed to us winning the league.

Yep your opinion a players we buy is to much but the club don’t buy players who they think is to much! There is history of umpteen players we didn’t sign because the club thought it was to much.

So if we buy him why do you think that is then, do the team that have built a record breaking serial winning team suddenly lost all ability to identify players ? Or is it possible, unlikely I know, they know a little bit more about what they want and what they can afford than you do ?
Or maybe we cannot convince better players to join City so we have decided to sign Phillips?

We really should have gone for denis zakaria in winter and sent him on loan for the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.