Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well whether we sign him or not, and I'm not for it, at least the forum has concluded he is nothing more than a 6. Incredibly earlier today there were people on here suggesting he could play the 8 role! Sure we need a Fernandinho replacement but this fella is still a downgrade on prime Fernandinho for me, in that I don't think he could ever play emergency full back or centre half and I'm not sure he offers the much of a goal threat in the form of long shots that Fernandinho delivered. I suppose he could best be described as a modern day Nigel De Jong at a ridiculously expensive price?

Well whether we sign him or not, and I'm not for it, at least the forum has concluded he is nothing more than a 6. Incredibly earlier today there were people on here suggesting he could play the 8 role! Sure we need a Fernandinho replacement but this fella is still a downgrade on prime Fernandinho for me, in that I don't think he could ever play emergency full back or centre half and I'm not sure he offers the much of a goal threat in the form of long shots that Fernandinho delivered. I suppose he could best be described as a modern day Nigel De Jong at a ridiculously expensive price?
You decided was only a 6. The rest of us thought it was a stupid comment.

Exactly. Might just be an extra 20 for Phillips, but the next English player we’d try to sign, that’s an extra 15. If we try and get a world class player, ’If you paid 60m for Phillips, he’s worth 120m.’

I guarantee spending £100mil on Grealish made Spurs shoot the price for Kane up.
How did that work out for them?

If Sterling were to leave then you can see why we're going for Kelvin now. A reduction in the HG quota will affect our non HG quota.

I want to say all day that we overpaid for philips if the fee is 60M. But city always gets it right. Idk how. Maybe not as good as liverpool but we really do. I trust our scouts.

When we signed dias for 60M. More than half of our fanbase were craving for overpaying. Look at him now.

Same for cancelo when we paid 50M. He did need some time but now he's the best lb in the league.

Kdb a chelsea reject. 65M. Similar but now he is the best player in the league.

I trust our system and there were only few failures (mendy, Mangala) other than that some may insist jack but be patient like we did with cancelo. Jack will perform

If the club don't think he's worth it, they'll move on as usual. Its why they draw up a list of targets.
Here's hoping they do.

I don't understand the "pep wants him" argument. And? We don't have 1 player on the fucking list. Pep wants a player, he's too expensive, so you should move to the 2nd player on the list pep wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.