Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the passes in his career highlights video are basic passes you’d expect most PL players to be able to execute with ease.

Can people stop making out he’s a world class passer of the ball just because Pep feels he’s a good fit for us. It’s bordering on embarrassing. I’m sure even Pep himself would acknowledge his passing ability requires improvement.
Never said he’s a world class passer. I don’t think anyone has infact. But he’s definitely not a bad passer like people are making him out to be.

Never said he’s a world class passer. I don’t think anyone has infact. But he’s definitely not a bad passer like people are making him out to be.
I mean if he's such a bad passer then where did the Yorkshire Pirlo nickname come from? Has to be something in his passing ability.

I appreciate the article but the purpose of it is to debunk the idea that Leeds' form was dependent on Phillips' inclusion.

"While the results without Phillips look damning on their own, there is a lot of context behind this record."

That's part of the conclusion.
Leeds are certainly not a one man team, but I think most would agree that Leeds look more cohesive and solid with Phillips in the side.

Don't really know where to find those statistics. I had a quick flick through their losses in the 20/21 season and he played in 7 out of 15 of them, with him being unavailable for the rest. It's a bit time consuming and I've not looked at the draws but that roughly stacks up with the fact he only played half the games that season.

Gave up early on in the 21/22 season because it was taking ages and generally a stupid way of me doing it. I also realised the sample size isn't significant enough to draw any real conclusions, especially when you're not factoring in the rest of Leeds injury problems and how they aligned with the same periods of time Phillips was unavailable.
I know last season they got double the points per PL game when he played v when he didn’t play, but I take your points it’s not a large sample, and also doesn’t take account the difficulty of the matches played/not played

Don't really know where to find those statistics. I had a quick flick through their losses in the 20/21 season and he played in 7 out of 15 of them, with him being unavailable for the rest. It's a bit time consuming and I've not looked at the draws but that roughly stacks up with the fact he only played half the games that season.

Gave up early on in the 21/22 season because it was taking ages and generally a stupid way of me doing it. I also realised the sample size isn't significant enough to draw any real conclusions, especially when you're not factoring in the rest of Leeds injury problems and how they aligned with the same periods of time Phillips was unavailable.
Decent article write up on it here if you dont wanna hunt hte stats etc

I'll admit, after the Haaland hype it's hard to get overly excited about a new DM. That being said it's a much needed position so hope it gets done ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.