Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a no brainier for me. With Ferna gone we are going to need someone with high energy, legs and fight.

He’s unlikely to start over Rodri in the biggest games, but rather he’ll play against teams where the only real threat is a counter-attack. He’d be perfect to shuttle around, mopping up loose balls. He also seems like a great player to bring on when defending a lead.

Never cared about a price tag personally either. It’s not going to impact our other signings, whether it be 40 or 60 mil, so all good. Get him in. Big Bad Bellingham next season to replace Gundo.

Decent article write up on it here if you dont wanna hunt hte stats etc

Interesting: “If we talk about a common attacking pattern of Leeds United, their center backs would hold the ball among themselves and invite opposing forward players to press.
Phillips would then attempt a long ball to Raphinha, who is free on the right flank, from just below the halfline.”

Also ‘incomparable’ in the prem at regaining possession when pressing, apparently.

Interesting: “If we talk about a common attacking pattern of Leeds United, their center backs would hold the ball among themselves and invite opposing forward players to press.
Phillips would then attempt a long ball to Raphinha, who is free on the right flank, from just below the halfline.”

Also ‘incomparable’ in the prem at regaining possession when pressing, apparently.
Press, Pass and Positioning. All his strengths, i dont need him to do much more tbh.

Decent article write up on it here if you dont wanna hunt hte stats etc

Good article, that. Cheers.

Seen it discussed today is there any chance you might include Liam Delap as part of the bid?

Seen it discussed today is there any chance you might include Liam Delap as part of the bid?

Interesting. Is this from the Leeds end mate?

On loan, I can absolutely see that happening. Maybe even permanent with a buy back.

He’s very highly rated at City though (Delap, McAtee and Palmer are very much the jewels of our Academy right now), so I can’t see us letting him go without being able to get him back down the line pretty easily.

On a permanent deal, unlikely. He's just signed until 2026 and is highly rated by the club.

Loan? He's definitely going to be going somewhere this summer - with Haaland and Alvarez in the team, he's unlikely to be getting opportunities any time soon.

Whether that's to Leeds is another story though - he's been strongly linked with Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.