Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the passes in his career highlights video are basic passes you’d expect most PL players to be able to execute with ease.

Can people stop making out he’s a world class passer of the ball just because Pep feels he’s a good fit for us. It’s bordering on embarrassing. I’m sure even Pep himself would acknowledge his passing ability requires improvement.
What exactly is the point? Do you consider Casemiro to be a great passer? You're saying he makes the passes he needs to make...you're not saying he tackles like a motherfucker...covers a ton of ground...and has great stamina...all those are part of his game...do you really expect anyone whose made it into a starting role for England to be considered shit?...Whether you agree with Southgate or not, at least give this kid his due...you don't have to like him, but trying to pass off the idea that he's not a player is actually fucking ridiculous.. just sayin'...

Interesting. Is this from the Leeds end mate?

On loan, I can absolutely see that happening. Maybe even permanent with a buy back.

He’s very highly rated at City though (Delap, McAtee and Palmer are very much the jewels of our Academy right now), so I can’t see us letting him go without being able to get him back down the line pretty easily.
When I say discussed I meant a Leeds fan speculated City might try it.

Give it a rest, you are not doing yourself any favours with this myth that Philips does not have an eye for a pass.

That is a seriously impressive collection of his premier league highlights. We've got giddy over players with a lot less highlights in much inferior leagues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.