Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not nearly good enough to play regularly for us. We could do a lot better.
How can you look at a player who has talent, skill and potential who plays for a poor and struggling side- and deem them "not good enough" for us. How much better of a player can anyone be in a side where they have more freedom, better targets and more support? This isn't football manager or FIFA- if we can do the business and get him on the relative cheap we do it. He's rotational anyway- it's not like we're signing him as 1st choice. Of course we do sign 100M rotational players too so maybe that point is moot.

How can you look at a player who has talent, skill and potential who plays for a poor and struggling side- and deem them "not good enough" for us. How much better of a player can anyone be in a side where they have more freedom, better targets and more support? This isn't football manager or FIFA- if we can do the business and get him on the relative cheap we do it. He's rotational anyway- it's not like we're signing him as 1st choice. Of course we do sign 100M rotational players too so maybe that point is moot.

I fail to understand why the above isnt sinking in with some.

He is a specific level of player,he needs to fit the bill and he does that very well indeed.

I fail to understand why the above isnt sinking in with some.

He is a specific level of player,he needs to fit the bill and he does that very well indeed.
I rate him and he is worth alot more then the apparent 25mil release fee if they go down. But I can see why some people feel we should only target and sign players that will improve our starting 11. I personally would be chuffed to get him Haaland, Alvarez and Philips for under 100 mil is a great window.

I rate him and he is worth alot more then the apparent 25mil release fee if they go down. But I can see why some people feel we should only target and sign players that will improve our starting 11. I personally would be chuffed to get him Haaland, Alvarez and Philips for under 100 mil is a great window.
Hear hear.

Plus Philips is very reliable in defending. It brings a different dimension into the squad. None of our midfielders are really speciality in defending. Maybe Rodri does sometimes ... but he cannot cover everywhere for his height and size.

Imaging if we have Philips on the bench and bring him on in the 2nd half vs Atlético de Madrid or the last 10 min vs Real Madrid! We will talk about the final now.

Not good enough in my opinion, Fernando levels.
To be fair to Fernando he too was a cheap signing. It is not as though we are being completely ripped off. Not particular warm to the idea of signing Phillips but probably needs must.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.