Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
151 appearances so far in three seasons

Reliable in every sense
Yup, it’s just more surprising given his age, however, his continued improvement kind of reinforces the game time he’s been afforded…. He became the best in the league in this position for me last year and he isn’t anywhere near his peak!

Yup, it’s just more surprising given his age, however, his continued improvement kind of reinforces the game time he’s been afforded…. He became the best in the league in this position for me last year and he isn’t anywhere near his peak!
He’s better value and just as effective as Rice for me.

He could end up replacing Rodri. You never know
Numerous times last season Rodders needed a rest and we couldn't afford to give it to him because it was vitally important he player and we had no replacement (Dinho legs were gone unfortunately)...Couldn't even take him off as a substitute on occasions. This season Phillips will play an awful lot and along with 5 substitutes being brought in this season more players will get more game time.

Delighted with this signing.

Chuffed with this. An unspectacular player, sure, but a solid one with a fantastic work rate and impressive passing range. As Prem-proven CDMs go, I think he's one of the best around right now. Confident he'll do a fine job in the middle of the park for us and he seems like a lad who will be eager and willing to learn as much as he can from Pep and his new teammates. Plus, it eases the burden on big Rod and gives us another option if ever he gets injured.

Kalvin's a great lad by all accounts off the pitch, too, always getting involved with charity work (I think he even won some award or other for his charity efforts) and came across as very humble and decent in the Leeds documentary on Amazon. I always appreciate when the club signs players who aren't just talented but actually seem like decent people, too.

Wish him the best here and look forward to cheering him on.

Eddie - Ortega
Walker - Cancelo
Dias - Ake
Stones - Laporte
Zinchenko - Cucurella
Rodri - Phillips
De Bruyne - Gundogan
Bernardo - Foden
Sterling? - Palmer
Grealish - Mahrez
Haaland - Alvarez

Probably forgetting one or two as well.

That is some fucking squad :)

It's more than that. It's one team that would be (is) champions, and another that could easily make top four. Both would go deep into the CL.

Oh dear, I strongly suspect his wife is busy booking her own holiday somewhere else, it won't be much fun spending the next 2 weeks on a beach listening to him rant.
Fair play the guys not wrong and not even about the player leaving, it’s an absolute steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.