Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this, sky are desperate to make out he’s better than Rodri for comments and views but you only have to look at how the two teams play to know whilst Phillips stats are very good, he’s no Rodri

A little weird that Lilly just left as I could see us embracing a 4-2-3-1 of sorts even more than we sort of played last year. I know a lot of folks have been talking about it but it makes sense as KDB ages to free him more and more from truly playing a box to box 8 and probably foden and Grealish could both spell him at a 10
We actually played it before Lilo came as well. This was when we had Mendy on the left wing with a holding midfield duo of Rodri and Gundo, both who got blasted for their performances. We couldn't stop counter attacks, but we were playing with Fernandinho and Otamendi as our CB pairing as well.

If Pep wants one of the fullbacks like Cancelo or Cucurella to be high on the wing, then we will probably go 4-2-3-1. If he wants the wingers to hold the width then he'll play Walker as the RB more in a defensive role and play the 4-3-3 IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.