Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Provide evidence of my supposed “belittling of people” in the thread or evocation of “superior football knowledge”. In fact, if there are people doing that here, it certainly isn’t me.

Also, the idea that players who would want to come and play under Pep is small rather than extremely large is just weird, which is what some, including myself, have been arguing, that we can aim higher (and that does not mean higher in price)

Finally, how arrogant is the comment about Villa and Kamara. That is everything I thought the fan base wasn’t. So good players can’t join Aston Villa now? They are spending a lot of money, they will get good and great players. Kamara was playing for the club with the biggest fan base in France that finished second in their league while starting the large majority of games. Atletico Madrid until recently was rumored to have a deal with him. It’s not like our biggest signing ever didn’t come from Aston Villa, right?
Makes you wonder what you would have said if anyone here last summer had been pushing Cucurella before he became “the greatest left back in the world” at Brighton. “Oh, he must not have been good if he went to shitty Brighton!” But a season later he’s “perfect for us”, as it he couldn’t have had the same if not better season playing here
Sadly I am off to bed as I am up at 3am tomorrow, will try to put something together for you if you really need it. You have had more than one run in with people on here who think you are very arrogant and you have rubbed them up the wrong way and you know it.

I think the fact only yourself and mj1991 appear to be agreeing with each other says a lot.

I never said the pool was small or large, I said its not completely out of the question there is someone out there who isn't interested in Pep. My point was there are far more factors involved in a transfer other than just X is faster than Y. You are smart enough to know my point.

Call me arrogant if you want, couldn't care less. Its the truth.
Good players can join Villa if they want, not really too arsed what they do. If Kamara was as good as people said he was then he would be playing at a higher level. There were rumours of Atletico, what happened? Did Villa blow them out of the way with huge wages or is Kamara just a huge fan of the Bullring?

I haven't commented on Cucurella. Not too bothered either way with him, we have the best combo of left backs in europe already.

So a guy from a second team from France is worse than Phillips in your opinion. Interesting. Interesting too that Real is going to break the bank for Tchouameni. They have bought Camavinga for 30M£ as well.
We have no idea how good Kamara is, hes playing in a second rate league. Phillips is tried and tested in the premier league. So based on that evidence then yes, its likely Phillips is a better player.

I remember Villa fans creaming their pants when they signed Morgan Sanson as well, who also came from Marseille. Lets see how he gets on before we start claiming anything.

Interesting too that City have got Haaland for 50m and Madrid have ended up with egg on their face for Mbappe....see how relevant that comment is?

Sadly I am off to bed as I am up at 3am tomorrow, will try to put something together for you if you really need it. You have had more than one run in with people on here who think you are very arrogant and you have rubbed them up the wrong way and you know it.

I think the fact only yourself and mj1991 appear to be agreeing with each other says a lot.

I never said the pool was small or large, I said its not completely out of the question there is someone out there who isn't interested in Pep. My point was there are far more factors involved in a transfer other than just X is faster than Y. You are smart enough to know my point.

Call me arrogant if you want, couldn't care less. Its the truth.
Good players can join Villa if they want, not really too arsed what they do. If Kamara was as good as people said he was then he would be playing at a higher level. There were rumours of Atletico, what happened? Did Villa blow them out of the way with huge wages or is Kamara just a huge fan of the Bullring?

I haven't commented on Cucurella. Not too bothered either way with him, we have the best combo of left backs in europe already.
You don’t need to put anything together for me, you do it because you like it. Rubbing people the wrong way isn’t an issue. You have rubbed me the wrong way many times and it hasn’t been exclusive to me. It happens, just weird that some can’t handle disagreements.
I am not stuck on stats but also observation. It is my own opinion. I have seen Phillips on numerous occasions and even playing under Bielsa he didn’t register as a particularly special player, even in his own position in this league along. Certainly not the best we could get for the rumored price. What happens as usual here is that when we are linked to a player, the majority will support it as “if Pep wants it he must be good” and when one of a few reporters talk about our interest, that’s when it really becomes blasphemy to contest the idea. I just won’t go along with that even if a make enemies along the way.
Kamara was on a free, Villa have serious money behind them, it’s absolutely possible they made a better offer. If he does well there, in a season or two you will see him at a bigger project.
Stats can sometimes be deceiving, but not when the whole comparison is so clearly disparate

We have no idea how good Kamara is, hes playing in a second rate league. Phillips is tried and tested in the premier league. So based on that evidence then yes, its likely Phillips is a better player.
That is a weird comment to make considering one of our most consistent players came from France. I suppose we can’t really say whether Mbappe is a good player.
Funny thing about Kamara is that he played well AGAINST US.
How fucking English-centric to think that you can’t decide how good a player is until they play in the Premier League?
Much weirder when you consider that the best Phillips has looked is with his national team

Its weird when people randomly put out names as options to our rumoured targets. There is a reason the club wants a certain play and not another one at a lower price. The club looks at a players technical ability and how he fits into Peps system and ideas. This isn't Fifa where the most value for money player will play the same way in all teams and is the best option. Also I bet most (most likely) none of you guys watch any of the players (bar PL) mentioned in this thread regularly.
It takes a smart agent to get a player's name out there and hype up interest. Dint fall for it. Remember Bebe?

Its weird when people randomly put out names as options to our rumoured targets. There is a reason the club wants a certain play and not another one at a lower price. The club looks at a players technical ability and how he fits into Peps system and ideas. This isn't Fifa where the most value for money player will play the same way in all teams and is the best option. Also I bet most (most likely) none of you guys watch any of the players (bar PL) mentioned in this thread regularly.
It takes a smart agent to get a player's name out there and hype up interest. Dint fall for it. Remember Bebe?
It’s not weird at all. Many of us watch a lot of football, see players and can consider how they would play under our system. Also we won’t know who was actually looked at by the club. There were some here pushing Cucurella until a link was published. It happens. It’s literally the point of the transfer forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.