Kalvin Phillips

I understand what you mean, but I really don't have much sympathy for a player who was poorly advised and/or made a bad decision to accept a £7m a year salary on a 5-year contract.

Having not asked for a move, he'll leave City with a huge payoff, a fistful of undeserved medals, get a signing on payment from his new club, and probably in the region of £3m / £4m a year in wages for 3 seasons.

Harsh I know, but I doubt he'll lose any sleep.
You’ve got to feel for him, it’s like marrying miss world and sleeping in the spare room

Everytime I see Kalvin in videos on the OS I feel so bad for him. He looks very low in confidence, there's a sadness in his eyes.
And I don't lame him, nor us, for that. Sometimes it just doesn't work out, such is life, and I want nothing but success for the lad, but that will probably not be here with us.
All I see is someone living in a dream he can't quite believe and with a big, stupid grin of his face.

And on the pitch I see a player totally out of his depth.

Everytime I see Kalvin in videos on the OS I feel so bad for him. He looks very low in confidence, there's a sadness in his eyes.
And I don't lame him, nor us, for that. Sometimes it just doesn't work out, such is life, and I want nothing but success for the lad, but that will probably not be here with us.
Dont want him to get success if he goes to liverpool mind. Know what you mean though, he is a nice lad

Last edited:
I'd like to believe that he genuinely thinks that he can establish himself as a useful squad member but surely there has to be a point where he decides that it is not going to happen. If the dippers or Bayern come in for him and offer him a chance of a starting place and a comparable contract then surely he would leave?

Maybe he is happy for one more season to stick around? He settled into club probably feels right home has few mates facilitates are fantastic treated so well, I can't blame him one bit...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.