Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

It’s not his fault no.

But imagine say Rodri or even Fernandinho in that situation. They get back in to cut off the simple pass to Hwang after it pinballs a bit.

His positioning gave their forwards both time and space to stroke a square ball and finish in the opposition box.

It’s schoolboy stuff for a DM!
Correct. Amateurs ball watch, professionals if they do get rightfully kicked up the arse. 30 minutes he went on far, no excuses to not bust your arse, it's a basic requirement. We would all be sitting here happy with him if he did that in spite of him not being good enough.

He has poor defensive awareness and is way too slow. He was ball watching the whole time, amateur level stuff. At least get back into an area where you can affect the play. 30 minute appearance, 0 excuses for ever ball watching, bust your arse and get behind that ball to stop it going in the net or a shot away
I agree. He’d have to have been Usain Bolt to affect their goal though.

The ball passed him twice in the box when he was 4 yards away made no effort what so ever to get the ball
Yeah, it deflected round like a pinball.

He’s not good enough. Trying to blame him for unfortunate ricochets seems unnecessary, but I’ve said my bit. Blame him if you want.

I agree. He’d have to have been Usain Bolt to affect their goal though.
he was a few yards away, could have had an impact, from just being in the mixer. I ain't saying he would have stopped it but he didn't even try to get involved. For me that alone is just not acceptable

Yeah, it deflected round like a pinball.

He’s not good enough. Trying to blame him for unfortunate ricochets seems unnecessary, but I’ve said my bit. Blame him if you want.
I don’t blame him for the goal as in the position wolves found themselves in. The only thing I blame him for is the lack of effort Dias dived in blocked a shot walker dived on the line and was unlucky with the header Ederson was just running about where Phillips just stood and froze at the whole situation

I don’t blame him for the goal as in the position wolves found themselves in. The only thing I blame him for is the lack of effort Dias dived in blocked a shot walker dived on the line and was unlucky with the header Ederson was just running about where Phillips just stood and froze at the whole situation
So, he couldn’t get back in time, whatever he did, but you wanted him to do something other than watching what happened?

Should he have randomly gone for a slide tackle or should he have shouted man on to one of his teammates?

So, he couldn’t get back in time, whatever he did, but you wanted him to do something other than watching what happened?

Should he have randomly gone for a slide tackle or should he have shouted man on to one of his teammates?
He could have tried to intercept the ball when it went past him twice when about 4 yards away.

Make an effort stick a leg out slide to cut out the pass. Do anything but just stand there and watch. If he tries anything at all and the ball still goes in the net he get no criticism at all. But to just stand there jumping on the spot like a nervous little schoolgirl is criminal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.