Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

While I think Kalvin is abysmal and should never have been anywhere near this City side, that goal was in no way whatsoever his fault. Walker was miles out of position running 5 yards behind Aké on the left side of the pitch chasing Neto. Hwang ghosts in unmarked from the right back position and has a free shot at goal.
The goal wasn’t his fault but he done absolutely nothing to try and prevent it

Thought he’d seize this chance but he’s so one paced and appears to be playing stoned he’s that slow to react.

I hope city show him this thread mid December and the penny finally drops that he needs to move on first thing in January

I get it when it comes to match sharpness but there is 0 excuse to not be busting your arse only coming on for 30 minutes. Too often he's larding around and watching the game. He's also nowhere near the level you want. His first, second and even third touch is always negative, will never be able to.progress the game quick enough with him in there. Ok cool he can spray a long pass after taking 3 touches and turning with acres of space around him. The fact he gets selected for England without ever playing is insane on Southgate part or England have a serious problem with centre midfielders.

That wasn’t on him though. Ake got outpaced again and 3 or 4 deflections went their way and they had an open goal.

Nice narrative that they scored within a minute of him coming on, but it was purely coincidental.
He has poor defensive awareness and is way too slow. He was ball watching the whole time, amateur level stuff. At least get back into an area where you can affect the play. 30 minute appearance, 0 excuses for ever ball watching, bust your arse and get behind that ball to stop it going in the net or a shot away

Offers nothing to our team,he just doesn't react quuck enough or more importantly pre-empt.....pretty much a grinning none entity.
Yep, often caught ball watching. I'd rather a headless chicken running all over the place putting effort in than someone just watching the game pass by

I thought Kova's poor performance might've helped cut Phillips some slack (turns out that's not the case). It showed how difficult it is to play as Pep's pivot. Phillips wasn't great but none of the team were.

I almost feel sorry for Phillips. I knew as soon as the goal went in, our eyes will immediately zoom in on him. Maybe he could've done more, but there were 2-3 players around him that should've done better too.
Difference was the others around him tried to do something. He just watched. Amateur level stuff that.

Frankly I don't think he'd make the Rags side. Someone dropped a brick buying him and for his sake as well as ours its time to draw a line under it.
To be fair I think Pep and the club have done all they can to try get rid. They tried to push him out the door in the summer but wouldn’t leave. Then wouldn’t play him unused sub in most games. In the charity shield just stood on the side line bouncing the ball like a kid asking the manager when can he go on. The warm up v Sheffield United he was laying balls off for shooting practice what a coach would do. The only bit of game time he got befor Rodri’s suspension was v Fulham I think when we were winning comfortably a 6 min of a run out most notably Pep wasn’t there either. Only for Rodri’s suspension I don’t think he’d have got any extra minutes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.