Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

In fairness, Pep already said he did. So Kalvin's statement is probably based off what Pep said.
Pep always publicly has spoken well of him ( Post WC apart ;)) but I would not give much credence to that, Kalvin has been very poor and I am sure Pep would be more than happy to replace him permanently.

Pep always publicly has spoken well of him ( Post WC apart ;)) but I would not give much credence to that, Kalvin has been very poor and I am sure Pep would be more than happy to replace him permanently.
Whether that's true or false wasn't my point.

I'm just pointing out that it wasn't wrong for him.to say "I did well," because Pep already said it.

100%. He's done at City, he just doesn't want to admit it yet. He has seen others struggle in their first seasons and then improve and felt it was possible for him. But no one struggled to the extent they never played, and sadly that was his situation. He had a baby on the way too and maybe didn't want the upheaval of moving last summer. I'd love for him to fight his way into the side and become an important player for us, but it's very unlikely. He'll get my support whenever he's on the pitch though.

100%. He's done at City, he just doesn't want to admit it yet. .. I'd love for him to fight his way into the side and become an important player for us, but it's very unlikely. He'll get my support whenever he's on the pitch though.
The thing is , when given the chance , he just doesn't really show any fight ; instead of casually ambling around , he should be busting a gut to close down space, chase a runner, win a loose ball , show for a pass , and impose himself on the game with as much value as possible to the team. Even if you're lacking confidence, even if you're in poor form and tackles/passes aren't working, show some fire , show some determination and work your bloody socks off. We just don't see that.

The thing is , when given the chance , he just doesn't really show any fight ; instead of casually ambling around , he should be busting a gut to close down space, chase a runner, win a loose ball , show for a pass , and impose himself on the game with as much value as possible to the team. Even if you're lacking confidence, even if you're in poor form and tackles/passes aren't working, show some fire , show some determination and work your bloody socks off. We just don't see that.
When he plays you can see his brain working. He's simply not good enough and it's a shame but not everyone is a winner and the grief he gets here is the very nature of football. He can console himself with his fabulous riches and youth.

Whether that's true or false wasn't my point.

I'm just pointing out that it wasn't wrong for him.to say "I did well," because Pep already said it.
If I was Kalvin I would just keep quiet and try and get on and play his football.

The documentary he did was nonsensical for me, he has done nothing to shout about.

If I was Kalvin I would just keep quiet and try and get on and play his football.

The documentary he did was nonsensical for me, he has done nothing to shout about.
I think the documentary is not an issue as I thought first. I watched it and it was filmed gradually prior to his move at City It was around that time he got the cal up it started filming. He should have scrapped it or waited releasing it when he had pooor season was bad for him.

There was no extra content with City players or around the club so it shows Pep/ club wasn’t on board.

Think he’ll be off in January, in Rodri’s absence still 5 or 6 getting in before him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.